Michele, Tony...

lmc831

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:52 am

Michele and Tony, are you safe from the Floods in your Country? (I hope so!)

Lisa

jayswett

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:31 am

I was wondering the same thing. It sounds treacherous over there. Keep those guitars dry, and your loved ones drier.

tovo

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Lisa and many thanks for you kind thought.

Well I spent my holidays in Brisbane and I can tell you I got some insight into how Noah must have felt, minus collecting the animals! We arrived Christmas Eve and the rain didn't stop for the 3 weeks we were there. Cindy and I are now back in Adelaide which is at least 2000km from the trouble area.

Unfortunately my 3 kids are still up there with their Grandparents which is causing my Wife and I some angst but they are on the South side of the city which is under much less threat and my in-laws property didn't flood in the massive floods of 1974 so we are confident they are safe. Of course we are monitoring closely.

Some of the regional towns around Brisbane have been destroyed by flash flooding and there has been loss of life. Terrible.

I think Shel is safe in Sydney, well away from the danger thankfully.

Australia often suffers drought, floods and fire. These floods are particularly deadly and a once in a 100 year event apparently.

Here is an idea of the devastation:

http://video.theaustralian.com.au/17353 ... deoindex16

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

hello my friend.
Good to here from you here.
I have missing this information.
Hope evrything comes oke.
Thanks for your info.

greetz Anton

willem

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks,,will everybody safe out there..

lmc831

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:50 pm

HI Tony,

Thanks for getting back with me. I was concern when I saw how bad the flooding was DownUnder. What a horrible mess! I hope your kids will be ok. Seems like Mother Nature is always making news all over the World. Glad you are safe.

Lisa

michelew

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Lisa,

Thanks for your concern. Sydney is getting a lot of rain and humidity (90% for yesterday), but we don't tend to flood very much, especially where I am. So all OK here.

Tony, anywhere near the Brisbaneriver is looking worrying. So i hope your boys aren't anywhere near there. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Thanks again.

Michele

NKenny

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Good to hear you both are ok. Our thoughts and prayers go out for others who are in the problem areas.

Kenny

coomba

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:58 pm

G'day everyone

The eastern states of Australia are certainly going through tough times, I just thought I would ad to Tony's information regarding the size of this tragedy for people who are not familiar with Oz.
Queensland is the 2nd largest state in Australia and to give some idea how big ,its 7 times larger than the UK, larger than the whole of South Africa.
Its 1.7 million square kilometers , Texas is 0.7 million.
Currently 75% of Queensland has been flooded !
Inland NSW and Victoria are again under threat of flooding for the 2nd time in a month with more rain on the way.

My thoughts are with the thousands of people who have lost so much and the families who have lost loved ones (90 people still missing). I also hope the people of Brisbane stay safe and dry as the worst is yet to come for them as all this water reach's the city.

Sad times.

Regards Scott

tovo

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Good info Scott. Shel my kids are safe. My inlaw's property lies about 30 km South of the City. It's the suburbs along the river that are in grave danger.

Rest assured if my kids were in danger they would be out of there quick smart, but I sure appreciate the thoughts everyone. As Scott said, there have been many tragedies with several people including many kids drowning in cars or being swept away.

Terrible stuff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic