Road Trip

jim56

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Driving out to Kearney, NE to see Edgar Cruz perform at the Merryman Performing Arts Center on Saturday . He's playing The Back by 'Classical Demand' collection.

I'm bringing my Flip Video. If I can get some video shot I'll upload it to my YouTube account.

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:06 am

Jim:

I have heard good things about Mr. Cruz. Sounds like a nice show. Let us know how it was!

J

willem

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm

JiM have fun,,i think he will play the ''bohemian rhapsody'' for you..

jim56

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 pm

MJ - I made a phone call to his home last year with an inquiry about the amps and guitar he uses and he called me back!
Needless to say I was blown away! He uses Ultrasound amps and Cordobra guitars.

Willem - I hope he plays that one but more likely: Fur Elise, Moonlight Sonata, Ode to Joy, Canon in D and Jesu, Ode to a Man's Desiring.

The venue is open seating and I've got a 2 hour drive to get there.Starts at 7:30 till 9:30. So I'm hoping for a front row seat. Hope they don't announce "no video recording please". I also plan to stand in the reception line after the show and get a one on one interview.

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 am

Jim:

I have heard that Cordobras are a very nice guitar line. Very cool that he called back. Don't see much of that these days with the hectic schedules most people keep. Report back after the concert!

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic