SHOUT OUT to Vanessa and Michele

lmc831

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey girls... would love to hear you sing this song by Adele. Beautiful song. Would like to hear it played on a acoustic guitar. Enjoy!

michelew

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Lisa,

WOW! Adele is amazing!

Well it sure is a beautiful sad song. The vocals and the piano are just gorgeous.

I imagine this would be hard to transfer to the guitar, directly anyway, and still keep the same feeling. Happy to be corrected by someone that knows what they're talking about. And I know I don't have the pipes to do justice to the vocals. Ness on the oither hand I have every confidence in. In fact, given she's also a pianist, I'm sure she could make us cry again wih a gorgeous rendition of this song if she cared to.

But, I know you've got mad guitar skills. Have you tried to adapt this?

BTW - how is your love song coming along.

Thanks for bring this to my attention. It's powerful.

Michele

lmc831

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi Michele...I thought u would love this as much as I did. The piano sounds beautiful in it, so I dont know what a guitar would sound like. Anyway, thanks for the kind words about my "mad guitar skills" lol...Hardly, but how I wish! Here's another new song by Adele....just as haunting.

michelew

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Wow, another beautiful song. Thanks Lisa.

I'm heading out for breakfast with friends now, but I'll be checking out her album when i get home.

Thanks. Those sad songs sure do grab me.

Michele

michelew

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 am

Well I obviously don't have enough sad songs in my collection. Yep, purchased the album. I love Adele's singing voice.

And well I obviously don't have enough sad love songs in my repertoire either, because I'm thinking of attempting to learn this one (mind you it will take a while); Lovesong. (Sshh... don't tell Sue, I'm suppose to be giving love songs a rest... yeh right that's gunna happen). It's almost unrecognizable from the original Cure version.

It's also arranged for a single guitar and has a cool sort of bossa nova feel, whereas the album version is arranged for two.

Lisa - I'm betting that with your classical training you could murder it. One day you might just conquer those performance nerves. Never say never.

lmc831

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:49 am

Yes, I also love her "Lovesong". What a voice! I"ve already downloaded her songs from itunes. She is touring here in the US and coming to my city in June. Just might have to break down and buy a ticket. I can't help myself either, Michele, I am a sucker for beautiful love "sad" songs. :( :)

Lisa

sandysue

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Lisa!

Well I have to say you're the third person pointing this album out to me, I didn't listen to it before, but I knew it is supposed to be beautiful, now I fínally did listen to it because of your SHOUT OUT ;) , and wow, it ís beautiful!

So, that makes three of us, complete suckers for sad lovesongs, I can't help it either... :( :)

But hey, we're talking Adéle here, she has such a fantástic voice, not sure if I can do something that comes close, well maybe a half step down or so. However I did try to play a guitarversion of Turning the tables just now, I'll try to work it out a bit more this evening, well who knows, I might surprise you or maybe nót for that matter :P , haha, I'll do my best!

Thank you very much for pointing it out to me, it was about time that I checked it out, and I love it! It'll be good for my pianoplaying as well, since I'm pretty focused on the guitar nowdays.

If I do find some way to play it on the guitar, I'll post a link in here, alright?

Take care,

Ness

(btw how about you? Will you show me some of your playing as well???? :cheer: )

michelew

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:00 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Lisa!

Well I have to say you're the third person pointing this album out to me, I didn't listen to it before, but I knew it is supposed to be beautiful, now I fínally did listen to it because of your SHOUT OUT ;) , and wow, it ís beautiful!

So, that makes three of us, complete suckers for sad lovesongs, I can't help it either... :( :)
Well it's good to know we're not alone. ... misery loves company, as they say.

Taking yet another challenge by the horns Ness. You're AMAZING! A real inspiration. I can't wait to see whether you're able to come up with something.

Shel

daryl

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Haha, well not there yet!

Actually this evening the forth person came up to me and asked, 'have you already heard the latest CD by Adele?' Well finally I could say, YES! :cheer:

Am wondering, should I transcribe it literally or just give my own swing to it?! :dry: Yeah yeah I hear you: 'what do yóu want to do with it?', haha! :P

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Lisa!

Well it's good to know we're not alone. ... misery loves company, as they say.

Taking yet another challenge by the horns Ness. You're AMAZING! A real inspiration. I can't wait to see whether you're able to come up with something.

Shel

michelew

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:44 pm

I say make it your own. But, then this is not my challenge.

Oh and in case it hasn't occurred to you yet, be prepared for more. I expect Cori to chime in any second now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic