SHOUT OUT to Vanessa and Michele

dtaylor

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey Suzi!

Just missed your reply, so you do know Adele? I didn't know the song either, it's from her latest album. I was asked several times before listening to it, well they are just só beautiful, yeah and sad and intense...she was quite heartbroken herself while recording and writing this album....well it shows...

Guitarwise, I kinda played the same notes as the piano does, (except for one chord, I really didn't know what to do with that one :( ), haha, but at least it comes close. I did consider to give it my own swing, but since the question was 'how does the song sound on an acoustic guitar' I just kept it mostly to the actual notes. So do you think it sounds okay on the guitar?

Anyway, thank you very much Suzi, always good to hear your feedback!

Ness

suziko wrote:
Ness,

Wow, that was beautiful! I don't know that Adele song, but I thought you did a lovely job on it. Your singing is always so passionate, and I liked the simple arrangment you did for this. I bet Lisa didn't expect such a lovely (and speedy!) answer to her request!!

Suzi

suziko

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:46 pm

So do you think it sounds okay on the guitar?

Ness,

Yes, I think it sounds more than "okay." I think it sounds brilliant. I loved it arranged for guitar! Just beautiful!

skaladar

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:18 pm

C'mon Vanessa ... fess up. You're as ringer planted here to show how effective TG is, aren't you? ... hehe ... I'm just playing with you of course :-)

Once again you've proven what a talented musician you are. To put together a guitar arrangement after just being introduced to a piece that is accompanied by a piano is nothing short of amazing. Your guitar sounds great, the vocals are impeccable, as always, and you are so at ease with it to boot! I can't wait to hear what you consider a final product. I'm beginning to run out of adjectives to describe how impressive all of your work is but keep them coming. I'll use a thesaurus :-)

Ken

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Haha, you're funny Ken! :lol:

But honestly.....you just made me smile big bíg time over here, yeah and blush :blush: .....you're just so sweet, thank you so very much! :blush: :cheer: I appreciate it véry much!

skaladar wrote:
C'mon Vanessa ... fess up. You're as ringer planted here to show how effective TG is, aren't you? ... hehe ... I'm just playing with you of course :-)

Once again you've proven what a talented musician you are. To put together a guitar arrangement after just being introduced to a piece that is accompanied by a piano is nothing short of amazing. Your guitar sounds great, the vocals are impeccable, as always, and you are so at ease with it to boot! I can't wait to hear what you consider a final product. I'm beginning to run out of adjectives to describe how impressive all of your work is but keep them coming. I'll use a thesaurus :-)

Ken

cosmicmechanic

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Vanessa, I was expecting something special, but I sure am glad I was sitting down. What a wave of sound !

Could you finish it, please, pretty please ?

Pierre

willem

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:22 am

Oh gosh Pierre, you're so very sweet... :blush: !

And yes, I'm working on it, and I'm getting there I hope, but then the camera-nerves, aaaaargghhh, I was already so nervous for this one, haha!

Anyway, thanks again Pierre for checking it out and your sweet words, made me smile bíg time again! :cheer:

Ness

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Vanessa, I was expecting something special, but I sure am glad I was sitting down. What a wave of sound !

Could you finish it, please, pretty please ?

Pierre

willem

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi Lisa, here's another attempt for the first song you've requested, it's quite a tricky one, so yes more difficult and vocally......aaaargh :blink: ...well whatever...this is about the guitar right?! ;)

Anyway, this will be the intro, a verse, chorus, bridge, chorus and outro to Turning Tables by Adele and of course I'd like ányones feedback, since this is nót a girls-thing, haha, so guys, please step in! :P

I kept the notes for the intro, verse and outro kinda the same as the piano, but the chorus for instance, well he's mostly playing chords in there, so I had to give it my own swing...as for the bridge, well....sames notes but my own swing as well...I also wanted to keep it fingerstyle-wise and no strumming at all.......so.....alright enough talk, just really hope you'll like it! :)

Cheers

Ness

ceaser67

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Vanessa,Vanessa,Vanessa
That sounde fantastic,as always loved it,really good job on that song well done
Youre scottish friend
Tommy

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:58 pm

How does it sound? Absolutely wonderful Vanessa! But not just on your guitar, you sang that beautifully. Just fantastic!
Was it a flanger or chorus effect on your guitar... worked perfectly.
Great job!

willem

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Vanessa,,how does it sound on a acoustic,,great i think,,i noticed you were plugged in with some reverb???for me it sounded great and compliment you on tackling...

I noticed too,,, a TRAID kind of playing(a piece),,'m i right ,, there i was very amazed and got a lot of attension,,,,Girl power is'nt great..nice weekend too to you..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic