Happy Birthday Dennisg!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 pm

....anyone seen Dennis? he still partying? ;-)

dennisg

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 pm

First, before anything else, I just want to say that I'm shocked and overwhelmed by the sheer number and heartfelt sentiments in the birthday greetings. As you know, words don't often fail me, but I'm sputtering trying to articulate how much all your good wishes mean to me, and it's at times like these when I realize how wonderfully generous the TG community is. As someone who has participated in dozens of forums over the years, I can tell you I've never seen anything like the support system you good folks provide. And it's exactly that support that keeps me coming back here day after day. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I turned 60 yesterday, a milestone that's no sure thing in my family. Jamie wanted to celebrate it in style, so she invited all my friends and hired a caterer for a party this past Saturday night. It was terrific. After the mingling and catching up on what everyone's doing, we headed downstairs to my den, where Jamie and I performed "The difficult kind" (my recent upload) for the group, who absolutely loved it. Jamie then started a slide show comprised of photos from various points in my long life. Then we spent the next three hours doing karaoke until no one had a voice left.

Funniest moment in an evening filled with funny moments: four years ago I was hospitalized with a nearly fatal case of pancreatitis (that's not the funny part). So one of my friends brought to the party a cake she'd baked in the shape of a pancreas, covered with pink frosting with red piping on it to look like veins. (Maybe you had to be there.) Despite the fact that it was ghastly looking, it was delicious.

So, to Suzi, Pete, Rick, Lueders, Al, MJ, Abilio, Mark, Kevin, Steve, Tommy, David, Hydro, Craig, Willem, Ken, Chas, Bob, Tony, Matt, Dermot, Shel, Stuart, Marc, Chris, Tammy, Bill, Pierre, Rick (olive branch accepted), and Jim, thank you all for helping to turn a birthday I was dreading into one I'll always remember.

sws626

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Dennis,

Late to the party, but wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I've really enjoyed getting to know you here.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic