>> Congratulations to the following folk for winning the bidding in support of MattB

TGMatt

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Just a quick note to call out the following winners of the TG related items in the charity auction that just finished..

Mike Anderzack - Who upgraded to Lifetime TG membership and for now will be our only Lifetime TG member, thanks for your support...

Bill Haoli - Well mate you won the CD's and the customized lesson, and in case anyone missed this , Bill supplied 2 guitars to auction that also did well, Bill is a legend in my opinion...Thx mate and congrats

Kathi Perry - Won the Skype lesson with Neil - and again huge super thx to you for your support..

I lost out on the Taylor and the Nintendo Wii , not sure who yet, but if you donated goods, or you ought goods, or bidded on anything, or passed the message on, pls accept all of our grateful thanks...

If you did buy something let us know here, so we can cheer you ..

I will be taking Matt to treatment tommorrow morning and I know he will be coming on here soon to say hello..we will also update you on his treatment process, we have some positive news and we need to keep going..

Thx and cheers all

matt

sbutler

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Matt,

Tomorrow when you see MattB, tell him when he gets to feeling better, I want a lesson from him on my new Taylor guitar.

Sorry I beat you out mate, but after all, you got the Country Gentleman.

Scott

sbutler

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Message Number two,

I hope to get to Northern California next week. Maybe I could get a lesson from the Master himself.

Scott

I'm a happy guy right now.

tovo

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Hey Scott congrats mate on the guitar. Well done.

sbutler

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks Tony.

I can't wait to get my hands on it. And it's a really good feeling to get it the way I did.

Scott

haoli25

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Scott, congratulations on winning the Taylor guitar. I hope it will help keep you warm during those long, cold Alaskan winters. Happy Playing.
Congratulations also to Jim (Jim56). I hope you enjoy that 12-string. Thank you for the kind note.

Just a couple of more thoughts if I may.....

The auction is over, but the struggle continues, so keep Matt Birskovich in your thoughts. He is truly an inspiration to us all and a courageous fighter. I can't wait til you are well again my friend and back to teaching us guitar.

Matt Williams....you Aussie hard-ass!! I almost hate to burst the bubble, but none of this would have happened if it had not been for your efforts. This man is a human dynamo. He has given countless hours of his time and thousands of dollars of his own money to this cause. Without hesitation I would say, MattB does not have a better friend in the world than Matt Williams. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a friend like Matt Williams. Neil and Keith, I don't want to leave you guys out either. You are the best!

Damian (D-Dog), you sir, are a SUPERSTAR! Damian is the guy behind the scenes that coordinated with all of the contributors and pulled all of the info together, setup the auction, handled the payments, and promptly sent out the shipping instructions to get the items to their new homes. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thanks also to the other contributors and to the many, many bidders in the MattB Auction. Just like TG, it is a distinct pleasure and privilege to be in the company of such great people.

Bill

sbutler

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Bill ,

Your absolutely right about Matt and Damian. And all the other TG folks for that matter.

I don't think you could go wrong with guys like these on your side. So many times its human nature to set back and watch things happen. Matt and Damian are certainly not that type.

Its a great cause and I'm proud to be just little part of it. I'm looking forward to seeing MattB back in action.

As I said before, I hope to take a lesson from him with my new Taylor.

Scott

jayswett

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Rats. I thought I had the highest bid on the customized lesson. I have some work to do as far as learning how that ebay thing works. Congrats to all the highest bidders. I'm dying to learn what Bill's requested song will be. For some reason, I'm guessing we are going to have to wait.

haoli25

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:21 pm

jayswett wrote:
I'm dying to learn what Bill's requested song will be. For some reason, I'm guessing we are going to have to wait.

I'm curious too, Jay. :) I sent several suggestions in to Neil, so its all up to him now. I plan to find out what the lesson is at the same time that everyone else finds out. I do love the anticipation on TG. :) :)

Bill

d_dog

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 am

Thank you all for your donations. We did very will for MattB, we raised a great amount of money and we are so very appreciative to all of you involved, buyers and donors.
I purchased a Lazer Les Paul Style guitar that Scott Butler donated, thank you Scott! And an official 83rd Annual Oscars baseball cap! :-)
It was a real joy to see everyone come together like this for such a wonderful cause. Bill couldn't have stated it better about MattB and how much he will continue to need everyone's support and good spirits.
Congrats to all that picked up an item to help out Matt.

Whoever started or thought of the Busking for MattB thread, Brilliant! I love it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic