Taylor Guitars Extends 12-Month, Interest Free Financing to Consumers

jim56

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:40 am

For those in search of a deal on that Taylor guitar they’ve been craving, the return of a sweet financing program will bring music to their ears. Taylor has once again partnered with GE Money to offer customers 0% interest on the purchase of select new Taylor models if paid in full within 12 months. The program, which kicked off on April 1 and ends on August 31, 2011, helps players bring home their dream guitar before it gets away, and without breaking the bank.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 am

Jim, did they think this through... isn't it how the housing market collapsed?
Must be very tempting... play now, pay later.... :-)

dennisg

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
The housing market collapsed not because of interest-free loans, but because banks were giving loans to people who should never have qualified for one in the first place, then defaulted on the loans when the economy tanked.

willem

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 am

How many would be hanging in the pawn,,,just curious,,,,

tovo

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm

I think it's a smart business move by Taylor, but I agree interest free loans are a potential trap for people who really can't afford to spend the money in the first place. Why not just look at the price of that dream guitar and put away 1/12th of the cost each month? Then in a year, experience the thrill of walking out of the store with that dream Taylor.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:57 am

dennisg wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
The housing market collapsed not because of interest-free loans, but because banks were giving loans to people who should never have qualified for one in the first place, then defaulted on the loans when the economy tanked.

... exactly my point! Folks who may not quite be able to afford it are more likely to take the plunge with that kind of offer and end up defaulting.... but I was just being silly, as usual.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic