Elvis P medley,,,,,can use all the help!!!!

willem

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 am

Hi,,well, an related girlfriend is gonna be 50 and the habbit in the Dutch is to make a song on an exsisting song and make our own lyrics related to her life(funny things and such) and she is a big Elvis fan,,my thought's on this moment is to make a medley but can use all the help i can get and then i mean for example that the songs that will be used must follow nice to each other and maybe start on ''hound dog''(C7-F7-G7- 12 BAR BLUES) were i will use D-DU-UDU(i think i will do most the strumming and an other friend maybe some riffs),,my question in this case is what YOU think which song's to use in some nice order and simple strumming and should i use diffrent key's(i think diffrent key's).
I hope i get some help from you folks..thanks in advance.....

I was three years old then :blush:

TGMatt

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:22 am

Hmmm....good question! And as a big Elvis-fan, I can't resist to jump on this! ;)

Actually I did two Elvis-medleys in my life, one when I was 14 and one when I was 26. The last one I thought over well, since this was really an Elvis-imitation, so my list was:

1 Trouble
2 Treat me nice
3 Teddy Bear
4 Ready Teddy
5 Heartbreak Hotel
6 Hound dog
7 Jailhouse Rock

However, this is a long medley of course, so I'd cut it short.(maybe 4/5 songs or so) However, starting out with Trouble is a very good one, it has a catchy introriff and the song just grabs the attention. Treat me nice and Teddy Bear work really well since you can play it in the same key and since it has the same rhythm, and it has some breaks, wich I like. I did a part of the first one and then went straight on to the pre-chorus and chorus of the next one.

Ready Teddy is quite uptempo, you'll trip over the words, so I'd skip that one, but you háve to do Heartbreak Hotel of course. It has a catchy solo as well. As for Hound Dog, great song, but you really need a drum in there, so.....hmmm....you better end it with Jailhouse Rock, wich is a great song all by itself. As for the ending of that one, I mean if you would really end the medley with thís song, use the ending that Elvis uses in the following video.

However, I can think of a lot of other possibilities, so fire away if you have more questions!

Cheers

Ness

Edit: Hmmm....nope, no Treat me nice, use Don't be cruel instead, same kinda song, but with another catchy guitarriff, very recognizable!

willem

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Vanessa thanks for the tips and suggesting the songs we have a thread now and i check them out,,

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hmmm....good question! And as a big Elvis-fan, I can't resist to jump on this! ;)

Actually I did two Elvis-medleys in my life, one when I was 14 and one when I was 26. The last one I thought over well, since this was really an Elvis-imitation, so my list was:

1 Trouble
2 Treat me nice
3 Teddy Bear
4 Ready Teddy
5 Heartbreak Hotel
6 Hound dog
7 Jailhouse Rock

However, this is a long medley of course, so I'd cut it short.(maybe 4/5 songs or so) However, starting out with Trouble is a very good one, it has a catchy introriff and the song just grabs the attention. Treat me nice and Teddy Bear work really well since you can play it in the same key and since it has the same rhythm, and it has some breaks, wich I like. I did a part of the first one and then went straight on to the pre-chorus and chorus of the next one.

Ready Teddy is quite uptempo, you'll trip over the words, so I'd skip that one, but you háve to do Heartbreak Hotel of course. It has a catchy solo as well. As for Hound Dog, great song, but you really need a drum in there, so.....hmmm....you better end it with Jailhouse Rock, wich is a great song all by itself. As for the ending of that one, I mean if you would really end the medley with thís song, use the ending that Elvis uses in the following video.

However, I can think of a lot of other possibilities, so fire away if you have more questions!

Cheers

Ness

Edit: Hmmm....nope, no Treat me nice, use Don't be cruel instead, same kinda song, but with another catchy guitarriff, very recognizable!

suziko

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Ok, I vote that Vanessa post an Elvis Presley medley. Anyone else?

:)

Suzi

willem

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:06 pm

suziko wrote:

Suzi
Do you make the poll Suzy?? it would be nice,,maybe she must wait,mmmm till i got some songs on a row,,but i'm with you,,i think she is busy with CSN,,

Lavallee

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 pm

:ohmy: Uh.....haha! Uh.....me and my big mouth! :P

suziko wrote:

Suzi

michelew

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:20 pm

suziko wrote:

Suzi

OH Gosh YES! Count ME in.

I suspect that Madonna was right and wrong. i suspect that she's right when she said 'Elvis lives and she's gorgeous', but she was talking about the wrong woman.
B)

lueders

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Elvis- Medley!! Elvis- Medley!! Heck Vanessa, you already have the leather jacket for the part.
But then again, the cape could be good fun too!

Lavallee

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Córi, yóu too???! You're making me laugh out loud again! :laugh:

lueders wrote:
Elvis- Medley!! Elvis- Medley!! Heck Vanessa, you already have the leather jacket for the part.
But then again, the cape could be good fun too!

gavind1

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Hahaha, you're hilarious!!! :laugh:

michelew wrote:
suziko wrote:

Suzi

OH Gosh YES! Count ME in.

I suspect that Madonna was right and wrong. i suspect that she's right when she said 'Elvis lives and she's gorgeous', but she was talking about the wrong woman.
B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic