Another view of the Alaska Range, upclose and personal.

suziko

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Oh, I LOVE the mountains. I now live in the midwest, and though I really love this area of the country, I don't like that it's so flat. I'm from near the Appalachian Mts in NY which, though not quite as impressive as the mountains in Alaska, are still very beautiful in their own right. I do miss that.

Suzi

michelew

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 am

Breathtaking. Thanks for the peaks.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks for the view Scott! Virgin landscape. Almost non of that left on our planet. Your home movies ore something special.

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:16 am

sbutler wrote:
I've been in about every moutain range in the Lower 48, and never been more than 20 miles from a road. Up here I fly over mountains that still don't have names. Some of them have probably never had a foot step on them. And here there are plenty of places that are hundreds of miles away from a road.

To see something that humans haven't screwed up is what amazes me about this place. But it is changing pretty quickly. I'm glad I'm here to see it now.
Scott:

It is indeed very disheartening when you trek back out with more trash than you took in. My buddy and I are always picking up other people's trash and hauling it out when we come back. I will never understand why people think it is o.k. to just drop their junk right where they stand and walk off. Not so bad when we cross-country, but along the John Muir Trail or Pacific Crest Trail it can be bad at times.

On a lighter note, it looks as though it is a bit early in the season for the Alaskan State Bird (the Mosquito) to be surfacing, so your flights should be nice for a while longer..... :P :P

Jason

MarkM

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:16 am

Outstanding video Scott!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

MarkM

BobR

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the really breathtaking view! ! ! !

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic