I can't..sorry

willem

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 am

Sorry i can keep up,,everything is goin to slow,,i sit to long on a song and can't choose an other,,when i think yes this i want,,then a other is released,,well i know a lot of bits but the whole thing!!! I 'm sad,,sorry..

sbutler

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Hang in there willem, your not the LoneRanger here.

When I first became a target member, I couldn't wait until Neil came out with another song I really liked. Now I find myself hoping sometimes that I won't like the next 10 that he does, just so I can work on the other 400 or so that he's done.

If I could just quit work, I'd have more time.

Scott

michelew

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Willem,

Try not to dispair. Lots of us are doing the mashmellow thing at the moment i'm thinking.

Have you considered recording the bits you know. There's no rule that says you need to record a complete song before posting it.

I'd love to see what you're working on at the moment. It doesn't matter what it is, a session of bits and pieces, half a song, a new song, an old one that's had more time to age. It doesn't matter whether you post it for review or in a busking threwd. In fact you could start a 'busking bits of songs' thread and then everyone who is experiencing the 'just learning bits of songs' dilema csn throw their stuff up too.

I guess i'm trying to say that you're not alone and you might just get some inspiration to choose a piece and finish it if you just show us what you're playing now.

Remember we love you. :kiss: :) :)

Shel

pbraun

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey Willem....I'm sorry to hear you're sad.. :(

I think Shel makes a very good point in here though....and it's true, you're definitely not alone in this, so why not consider her suggestion?!

Take care my friend, I'd love to see a bits and pieces-video from you! :P

Ness

ceaser67

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi Willem,
Dont be sad my friend the guitar is not a lonely thing to play,i dont think there is a person EVEN neil that isnt lerning here at our specail TG community,i was rared not to use the word cant,change it to must thats a start,when it comes to the guitar believe it or not SLOW is good,and to keep up with everything that neil puts out for me thats not what its about,its about taking youre time and keep pressing the rewind button eventually it all comes together,
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WORRY BE HAPPY
Youre scottish friend
Tommy

ffsooo3

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 am

Willem, Try not to be/get overwhelmed. Just think of it as a fantastic opportunity and a lifetime of learning. Eventually you'll nail all the songs you want.....just keep pickin' & grinnin'!

Lavallee

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 am

HI Willem, I can feel the pain into taking forever to learn a song, it is the same way for me. I find that learning many songs at once is a good way to lower the frustration as on some days I will improve a little one song and some other days it will be on another song. So there are little joys coming out every other day. I do not feel I have to post video frequently. The goal of posting a video is not necessarily to show perfection but were you are in a given song and get some feedback for improvement. So if a song is not complete, maybe posting will help getting to the end faster than working for perfection on your own.

I very much like Michele idea that having a thread for video questions would be very helpful for everybody

This is a learning site, Willem, we have to have fun doing it

Marc

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 am

Right there with you Willem!

What a great place to be though, right??????

I would always rather have too much amazing material than too little. Just have fun with it. Michele's suggestion is a fine one. Show a little of what you are working on and just take one step at a time. It's not the destination, it's the journey..... B)

Jason

abiliog

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:53 pm

One more to the list Willem,
I also feel a bit (well, a lot) distracted by so many great songs to learn in TG.
This is a huge candy store and we got the too many choice syndrome :S
We are all here to learn and that is a long great journey, we just need some self discipline.

I also think Michele's suggestion is a good one.

Throw away that sadness Willem, don't turn your back on love :)
Abilio

Hydroman52

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Willem,

I don't know what to tell you except - Hang in there. Everyone goes into a temporary stall now and then. Maybe you're too close to it? Trying too hard? Whenever I hit a wall on the playing, I work on theory or just go visit someone and think about something else for a while. It's always worked to this point.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic