HOW cool is the open G tuning??

Hydroman52

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 am

willem wrote:
Thanks Hydro,,i keep the book in mind and go and listen to the interview,,,
Hey Willem,

If you get your hands on a copy of his book, he dedicates about 5 - 6 pages on Open G tuning. I have the hard-cover version of the book, and it starts near the bottom of page 241 (don't know about paperback . . . . but the hard-cover has 564 pages with the index, so you can probably find it easily with this information). There are some interesting reveals there that I won't spoil for you here. But, watch out! There's also a lot of sex, drugs, and rock & roll . . . . . . . something for everyone.

Enjoy,
Hydroman52

Hydroman52

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:32 am

Willem,

Don't mean to go on and on about the Keith Richards thing, but here is a BBC interview that sort of condenses the book. It starts here with part 1 of 6:

You'll be able to figure out how to get to the rest of the interview. I'd still recommend picking up the book and checking out the part on Open G.

Hope this helps,
Hydroman52

Max

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 am

Oh gosh I absolutely love this song and concert! I'm gonna PM you! ;)

Chasplaya wrote:
This is in Open G and its quite easy but sounds great. I have this in PDF or GP6 if interested.

willem

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:15 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Willem,

Don't mean to go on and on about the Keith Richards thing, but here is a BBC interview that sort of condenses the book. It starts here with part 1 of 6:

You'll be able to figure out how to get to the rest of the interview. I'd still recommend picking up the book and checking out the part on Open G.

Hope this helps,
Hydroman52

Hydro,,when you have something to say you say it if you feel to it...for me it was only that i saw and heard something and thought hey great sound and a kinda easy and want it to share,when i should not done that i had no more knowledge in what i saw and heard...

beaker

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Hydroman, thanks for posting that link to that documentary, I read the book & loved it, and the documentary was fun to watch. Beaker.

And yeah.... I really enjoyed those pages about Keith getting into the open G tuning. That was very interesting! A bunch of my favorite stones songs are in that tuning!

willem

Sat May 07, 2011 12:35 am

I wanted to bump this has it has so much information in it and looking forward to a G party next week and very curious who is coming to the party..

Hydroman52

Sat May 07, 2011 11:27 am

Willem,

I saw that, too, and will be watching closely. Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic