Their BACK!!!!

sbutler

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Its rapidly approaching spring here in South Central Alaska. The ice on the lake behind my house usually gets around 3ft thick in the winter, and has always taken until the first week of May before it is totally ice free.

That doesn't keep the birds that call our lake home, from showing up just as soon as there is a little bit of open water.

We get a half dozen species of Ducks, several types of Gulls, and there is always a Bald Eagle or two trying to make a meal out of the other birds that are there.

But without a doubt, the most elegant bird that has started nesting on our little lake is the Trumpeter Swan. And yesterday, they came in on a recon, just to see if the place was ice free enough to set up homemaking.

Its a really good sign that Spring is just a few days away.

Scott Image

cosmicmechanic

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Oh my gosh Scott, I really LOVE those posts of yours!!!

Súch a gréat picture, thanks agáin for sharing!!

Ness

willem

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 am

I can imagine how you like the swans,,they look and fly like a airplane,,yesterday i worked in my so to say farmers garden,,then i heard zoef,zoef,zoef,zoef, I looked above me and 10 meters above me,,yeah a SWAN,,i wish i had my camera with me,,,but i'm thinkin about making a film while driving or biking along the river i live near by,,on this moment(spring is a live) very beautiful..Scott i like your pictures..thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic