Anybody remember England Dan and John Ford Coley?

sws626

Mon May 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Scott,

I vaguely remembered the names. But your video released the full horror of those repressed memories. Thanks for sharing, but now I need to dig up a copy of 'London Calling' to recover.

-Stuart

unclewalt

Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm

sws626 wrote:
Scott,

I vaguely remembered the names. But your video released the full horror of those repressed memories. Thanks for sharing, but now I need to dig up a copy of 'London Calling' to recover.

-Stuart
Heh.

BigBear

Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 am

sbutler wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Scott- I certainly remember them. I remember their song I'd Really Love to see You Tonight because I was a senior in college and it played over and over at every house dance.

What a lot of people don't remember is that England Dan (Seals) was the same guy that helped make Seals and Crofts such a huge success. I really like his work there.

Cheers! :cheer:
BigBear,

I checked in wikipedia and learned that England Dan (Seals) is the younger brother to Jim Seals, who with a guy named Dash Croft formed Seals and Crofts. So you were close.

I think these two brothers (seals) were very talented and it was very pleasant to hear these songs again after not having heard them in years. How could I forget?

Chas, I'm not supprised that these guys didn't make it around the world, and they didn't have loads of hits like the Beattles, but for almost 10 years, here in the states anyway, they were always on the charts.

Scott

Scott- By golly you are right!! Ooops! LOL! Usually, I don't miss those!

FrostyMac

Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 am

England Dan and John Ford Coley! Wow. Memories of high school and broken hearts. All the ones mentioned here are great. Look up "Who's Lonely Now?" it's a beautifully pitiful song with some nice fingerpick guitar I could never play quite right. Great topic!

Chasplaya

Tue May 03, 2011 1:34 am

Now Seals and Crofts I'd heard of... Why didn't you say that to begin with lol!

At least I can spell ignorant maybe Chris is using local vernacular or it's the local dyslexic Swiss accent or something ;)

pbraun

Tue May 03, 2011 8:36 am

They were certainly apart of my 8-track collection!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic