Anybody remember England Dan and John Ford Coley?

sbutler

Sun May 01, 2011 9:46 pm

I was on Youtube, trying to figure out the chords on Seals and Crofts Diamond Girl, then as ususal, another name came back from the past. Jim Seals had a younger brother that went on his own, England Dan.

So I searched them and got a blast from the past, a couple of songs that I'd forgotten about because I hadn't heard them in years. My favorite from these guys was "Nights are forever without you"

So I submitted it in the"recommend a lesson" department.

Check it out, vote if you like.

scott

AndyT

Sun May 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Have not heard that one in some time. Thanks

Chasplaya

Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 am

No

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 02, 2011 8:23 am

Scott, Andy's just too young and Chas is just ign'rant! ;-) Of course I remember them... especially this one...

Music Junkie

Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 am

Grew up listening to these guys as my mom was a big fan. My favorite is Soldier In the Rain

Also like:

Really Love to See You Tonight
Sad To Belong
What Can I Do With This Broken Heart
Nights Are Forever Without You
We'll never Have To Say Goodbye Again

Dan also had a decent solo career. This is my favorite song he did solo. "Everything That Glitters"

HE IS A LEFTY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

haoli25

Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 am

I sure do!

By the way, is England Dan also known as Dan Fogelberg?

(Played that song about really wanting to see you tonight and it's stuck in my head for the day. Frankly, I think he did want to move in. Always did.)

Samster

Music Junkie

Mon May 02, 2011 11:04 am

twocat wrote:
I sure do!

By the way, is England Dan also known as Dan Fogelberg?

(Played that song about really wanting to see you tonight and it's stuck in my head for the day. Frankly, I think he did want to move in. Always did.)

Samster
Samster:

England Dan was Dan Seals. Dan Fogelberg was a different artist. Dan Fogelberg did songs like "Leader of the Band", "Longer" and "The Run for the Roses" (as well as many other great songs).

MJ

BigBear

Mon May 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Scott- I certainly remember them. I remember their song I'd Really Love to see You Tonight because I was a senior in college and it played over and over at every house dance.

What a lot of people don't remember is that England Dan (Seals) was the same guy that helped make Seals and Crofts such a huge success. I really like his work there.

Cheers! :cheer:

sbutler

Mon May 02, 2011 4:52 pm

BigBear wrote:
Scott- I certainly remember them. I remember their song I'd Really Love to see You Tonight because I was a senior in college and it played over and over at every house dance.

What a lot of people don't remember is that England Dan (Seals) was the same guy that helped make Seals and Crofts such a huge success. I really like his work there.

Cheers! :cheer:
BigBear,

I checked in wikipedia and learned that England Dan (Seals) is the younger brother to Jim Seals, who with a guy named Dash Croft formed Seals and Crofts. So you were close.

I think these two brothers (seals) were very talented and it was very pleasant to hear these songs again after not having heard them in years. How could I forget?

Chas, I'm not supprised that these guys didn't make it around the world, and they didn't have loads of hits like the Beattles, but for almost 10 years, here in the states anyway, they were always on the charts.

Scott

AndyT

Mon May 02, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm glad Chris thinks I'm so young. LOL There are days...

These guys were forever on the radio during my High School days. Great make-out music. Hmmm.... Still is... Now where's my wife....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic