LAZYING ON A SUNNY AFTERNOON IN SWITZERLAND

sbutler

Fri May 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Well Chris, I was born in a City, but my heart always went towards a more country setting. My grand parents had a farm 75 miles south of Kansas City, and I spent as much time there as I could. Since then I've mostly tryed to live away from major metropolis and it looks like you neighborhood would suit me just fine.

That clippity clop of the horse drawn buggy is almost as good to my ears as a guitar.

I'm going to have to exercise my jumpseat privlages and come see that spot first hand someday.

Thanks again Chris.
Scott
I've attached a link to some footage I shot a couple weeks ago but didnt post. The ponds melted now.

dennisg

Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm not sure which is worse: too little water or what we had here in Seattle -- some rain almost every day in April. One of the little-known facts about Washington State is that we are the second-largest tulip-producing region in the world. Only Holland grows more. Every year in April I lead a large group of bicyclists on a ride around the tulip fields outside of a little town called La Conner. During one 15-minute period we had drizzle, then rain, then torrential rain, then insanely heavy hail. Then it all went away and we had sunshine for the rest of the day. That's the way it is up here.

buddy

Fri May 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Chris, I always appreciate a good horse video. Thanks for putting this up.

willem

Fri May 06, 2011 1:02 pm

dennisg wrote:
I'm not sure which is worse: too little water or what we had here in Seattle -- some rain almost every day in April. One of the little-known facts about Washington State is that we are the second-largest tulip-producing region in the world. Only Holland grows more. Every year in April I lead a large group of bicyclists on a ride around the tulip fields outside of a little town called La Conner. During one 15-minute period we had drizzle, then rain, then torrential rain, then insanely heavy hail. Then it all went away and we had sunshine for the rest of the day. That's the way it is up here.

The Tulip ''Willem''

edit sorry the pic did'nt upload..

sbutler

Fri May 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Oh and tractor noise doesn't bother me either.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Hey Scott, just a great view of your "back yard"! What a great house you built and what great countryside! Really impressive. Thanks for posting here, love it.
Let's invite everyone else to post their back yard footage here too. The more the merrier! The mountain views look very much like Switzerland except that we'd fit into your back pocket several times over.

This is bike country too Dennis and Willem. We're at about 400 meters here and the hills around will be up to about 800 so its pretty easy going :-) and folks are cycling through the village all the time on holidays and weekends. The Rhine is 10 minutes away as is an ancient covered wooden bridge crossing over to Germany. I think the bridge is older than USA but not as old as Chas.

Nice to have you drop by Buddy, thought you'd go for the horses.

tovo

Fri May 06, 2011 4:59 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wish we could just sit out together a whip out our respective........ guitars
If I were there Chris, would it be OK if I whipped mine out as well?

Nice little clip. You have inspired me, I might go out with the camera today and show my neighbourhood off a bit.

rdaltry

Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 pm

hey great videos guys!

(chris, thanks for taking down the laundry in the 2nd video - was a bit distracting from the idyllic scene on the 1st video... 8-)

Lavallee

Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey Scott, just a great view of your "back yard"! What a great house you built and what great countryside! Really impressive. Thanks for posting here, love it.
Let's invite everyone else to post their back yard footage here too. The more the merrier! The mountain views look very much like Switzerland except that we'd fit into your back pocket several times over.

This is bike country too Dennis and Willem. We're at about 400 meters here and the hills around will be up to about 800 so its pretty easy going :-) and folks are cycling through the village all the time on holidays and weekends. The Rhine is 10 minutes away as is an ancient covered wooden bridge crossing over to Germany. I think the bridge is older than USA but not as old as Chas.

Nice to have you drop by Buddy, thought you'd go for the horses.
It is a beautiful area Chris. Somehow the bridge seems to be a bit wobblier when I walked back on it :blink:

My backyard is a lovely parking lot with one small tree

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 pm

(chris, thanks for taking down the laundry in the 2nd video - was a bit distracting from the idyllic scene on the 1st video... 8-)
Roger, you win the pizza for spotting my shorts hanging out to dry! I was wondering who'd mention it. :-).
By the way, can you sing us something from Tommy? ;-)

Tony, you can whip out anything you like as long as you bring the Fosters. Looking forward to your neighbourhood bush video (er, if that's not too rude!).

Marc my friend, the bridge is always wobblier after the local beer! Cheers!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic