LAZYING ON A SUNNY AFTERNOON IN SWITZERLAND

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 06, 2011 10:00 am

No, not the song from the Kinks but another of those tourism home movie snippets which Scott and I like to share. Its been an amazing spring with over 5 weeks of continuous high pressure and record temperatures and record lack of rain in some parts of Europe and certainly here in Switzerland. I was just out on the balcony playing some tunes (New Horizons, Father and Son, Simple Game) and as I got into Eleanor Rigby the following charming scene unfolded.... I was a bit slow to grab my Iphone but managed to capture the feel of this balmy afternoon here. I wish I could have kept playing while filming but I'm not yet THAT advanced! ;-) Consider it a little postcard greeting to you all wishing a great weekend.

Chris

dennisg

Fri May 06, 2011 10:09 am

Looks beautiful. Here in Seattle, we just had our coldest April in history, and May is looking just as ugly. Any houses for sale in your neighborhood?

MarkM

Fri May 06, 2011 10:23 am

Chris you are one lucky man!!!! Picture perfect. How do you get anything done with that view??

We just started getting buds on the trees here in NH.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 am

Chris:

Thanks for sharing that. Looks beautiful where you live. I have to admit that although I am spoiled by the weather where I live, I would like to actually have SEASONS.....lol Beautiful colors. Enjoy it and keep playing..... :)

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 06, 2011 11:20 am

How y'all doing Dennis, Mark and MJ? Wish we could just sit out together a whip out our respective guitars and jam away while the BBQ smokes!

Dennis, the farmer may have a vacancy next door but you'd have to put up with the following occasionally.... (just to show it's nice but not paradise all the time).
This is the deafening noise 90 minutes later... I guess a farmer has to make a living!

BobR

Fri May 06, 2011 11:27 am

Chris,

Thanks for sharing that great scenery. I see you guys still get around in a Horse and Buggy :laugh:

Bob

dennisg

Fri May 06, 2011 11:28 am

Maybe I don't have it so bad after all. The loudest noises I get come from a pair of mating bald eagles, which is only occasionally drowned out by my neighbor's hacking smoker's cough.

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 06, 2011 11:49 am

Dennis... right now you'd have to deal with my 90 Db sneezing fit as the wagons return full of freshly cut grass... the hay-fever season begins!
And talking of soaring birds... we have some big hawks overhead most days... which just prompted me to play a John Denver song I haven't heard for donkey's yonks...... hmmm, where's my KodaK?

Bob, we're not all Amish here..... :-)

willem

Fri May 06, 2011 12:03 pm

great view,,i can imagine your where lazying but then waked up with the other vid,,first i thought you would do that song where you also came with when TG started... i remember..

Here in Holland we have beautiful weather(but all is to dry),,just from the moment spring started the day's were great and nature is exploding,,on this moment the same and it goes on,,but we need some rain,,well lets say or ask to the guy ''let it rain'' at night!!!!!

I saw you bike on the balcony,,i think the hills are to heavy or do you manege????

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Willem
I can imagine all those tulip fields need some serious watering by now! Its shaping up to be one of the driest spells in history here. Lake Constance is at low levels and some of the ships can't ply their normal service. Reservoirs are very low on water so we may be facing water management problems soon. Seems crazy in a place like this where the annual snow melt in the mountains fills the reservoirs and the Rhine for example. It's also been 5 degrees C over the mean temperature and we had cloudless skies for most of April and now May.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic