Sexiest Song of All Time

suziko

Tue May 10, 2011 7:59 am

Lots of great choices here! Thanks for playing along.

Two I wanted to add. The first is Josh Rouse, whose song "Under Your Charms" is from his album 1972 and is, I think, the ultimate make-out song. I couldn't find a video on YT of the studio version, but here's a decent live version. It's unfortunate that he looks like Howdy Doody in it, but it's best I could do:

And next is one of my all-time favorite playfully sexy songs. Brian Setzer and Gwen Stefani doing "You're the Boss." It's the kind of song that always has me choreographing dance routines in my head.

sws626

Tue May 10, 2011 8:13 am

I'm going with Tori Amos' "Cornflake Girl"

[video][/video]

abiliog

Tue May 10, 2011 8:21 am

Well,
Maybe this two would be my choice :)

Sade is a great choice for me too,

Abilio

Music Junkie

Tue May 10, 2011 8:44 am

Suzi:

I am shocked!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

O.K., I will have to think about this for a bit, but out of pure fun, I could not pass this one up.......The topic and all....... ;) ;)

J

Music Junkie

Tue May 10, 2011 8:54 am

Well, it is really hard to list just one, so.....

Barry White:

No lyrics in the first one, but the music is sexy and how can one deny Mr. White..... B)

Loves Theme

Can't Get Enough of Your Love

The Isley Brothers also had some great songs and even an album entitled "Baby Makin' Music"

Make Me Say It Again Girl

For the Love of You

J

frybaby

Tue May 10, 2011 10:11 am

This one does if for me....
Take My Breath Away" a love song from the film Top Gun (1986). The song was written by Giorgio Moroder and Tom Whitlock, performed by the band Berlin.
It won the Academy Award for Best Original Song as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song in 1986.

lueders

Tue May 10, 2011 10:16 am

sws626 wrote:

[video][/video]
YES!!! Tori Amos fans unite!!! Way to go Stuart! Been a big fan for a long time!

willem

Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 am

i know this aint gonna score,,but this thread score's a lot of views the song starts at 30 sec..

sws626

Tue May 10, 2011 10:51 am

lueders wrote:
sws626 wrote:
YES!!! Tori Amos fans unite!!! Way to go Stuart! Been a big fan for a long time!
I really want to work on arranging some of her songs for guitar. She is one amazingly gifted and creative musician. I could probably have chosen any of a dozen of her songs as the sexiest of all time.

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 10, 2011 11:46 am

Suzi, nice to know what you are chatting to Dennis about ! :-) But I found this surprisingly hard to answer. The answer is not obvious even after some thought. I was sure we'd get Barry White mentioned pretty fast and MJ obliged us there. My first feeling is that the girls have it easier here as the whole point of Rock 'n' Roll and pop music is for guys to get girls into bed! And when it comes to atmosphere, the guys are more focussed on what's going to "work" rather than what's really a sexy sounding tune :-).

All I can come up with, off the bat, is Rod Stewart, PASSION and Sade SMOOTH OPERATOR.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic