Dream BIG....Who would you jam with?

Music Junkie

Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 pm

lueders wrote:
Jason- You really dig Jackson Browne don't ya? Pretty hard to argue with his catalog.
N. Schon aint too shabby either. He has such a knack for writing memorable guitar parts.
Yeah, I really enjoy his lyrics quite a bit too, and that just makes the music even better...... :)

Neal Schon has done some really cool solo albums that don't get much play but contain some beautiful guitar work. His bio is quite impressive too. Neat start in the business...

It's hard to imagine ever being good enough like you say, so I figure it would be fun to hang out and play along with some favorites of mine....

millponddave

Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Interesting question. I think that I have to go with Neil Young since I'm trying to learn more of his songs than anything else. However that is fantasy land. I would love to jam with any of you folks here. I think that would be so much fun! So consider that an open invitation if anyone ever gets to Utah.

Dave

Music Junkie

Wed May 11, 2011 12:01 am

millponddave wrote:
Interesting question. I think that I have to go with Neil Young since I'm trying to learn more of his songs than anything else. However that is fantasy land. I would love to jam with any of you folks here. I think that would be so much fun! So consider that an open invitation if anyone ever gets to Utah.

Dave
Dave:

What part of Utah do you live in? We took a trip a couple of years ago and did Zion, Bryce Canyon, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and a few spots in the Dixie National Forest. Spectacular countryside there. Not to mentoin that it led right into Southwestern Colorado for a trip to Mesa Verde and then on to Durango for some sweet microbreweries.....

We really want to go through there again. Would like to spend a bit more time in Zion and Bryce as well as the Dixie. I never knew that Utah had that kind of countryside. Always thought of it as a desert state. I was sadly mistaken. Can't wait to visit again (except for the light weight brew..... :woohoo: ).

Jason

Chasplaya

Wed May 11, 2011 1:42 am

I'd love to Jam with these guys:

AndyT

Wed May 11, 2011 2:18 am

Ok, in the room are, Me (of course LOL), Tommy Emmanuel, Neil Hogan, Some TG'ers. Then I have to add Ringo on drums along with Buddy Rich. Glen Miller on the licorice stick, Chuck Mangione, Itzhak Pearlman, and Elton John on the ivories.
Singers.... Hmmm... Bob Seger, David Gates, Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, John Lennon, Nora Jones, Rob Thomas, Chris Tomlin.

This would be a week long session and every moment would be recorded.
Whew. I almost feel like I was there after all the thought I put into that. LOL

KennyF

Wed May 11, 2011 4:39 am

Warren Haynes, without a doubt.

He's one of the most down to Earth people in the music business, a truly nice guy and a monster player.

lueders

Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Dave- Pretty hard to dispute the magic of Neil Young. He has meant so much to multiple genres of music...and he's
influenced more guitar players that any body this side of Chuck Berry. ( If I'm ever in Utah, I 'd love to jam
with ya, man.

Kenny-Great Choice!!!! I love what he does. Slide playing itself, mystifies me. But to play it like he does, wow!!
Good to hear he is one of the down-to-earth, all-around true good guys, too.

Craig

Wed May 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Cori,
I've been thinking about this for awhile now...tough choice!!
I was going back and forth between Stevie Ray Vaughn and David Gilmour...
I'll have to go with David Gilmour. I grew up sneaking into my older brother's room when he left the house and putting on his Pink Floyd albums with the big head phones on, listening to David Gilmour's leads with all of those bends in there.
Craig

lueders

Thu May 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Craig- Gilmour is definitely one of the best. and nobody sounds like David Gilmour, except David Gilmour. (There's a guy who isn't afraid to shy away from bends on an acoustic!!!) His stuff is like the best folk music you ever heard with all this borrowed blues phrasing, that he made his own.
And, Stevie Ray....Just plain sad that the world lost him so early. Wasn't someone here at T.G. saying Stevie was the one guy Clapton was scared to share the stage with...for fear of being upstaged? Or did I dream that?

Cori

frybaby

Fri May 13, 2011 11:28 am

Mozart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic