Your Favorite Place to Practice Singing ?

heatndude

Fri May 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Tony here is my thread of the week 1

Just wondering where folks like to warm up the old vocal chords ?

In your Car ?
Bathroom ?
Office Cubicle ?
While walking ?
etc....

Has anyone caught you doing this ?

I constantly sing along with the radio while driving until someone looks at me funny at a stop light or something. But right back at it as soon as they are out of sight.

Mark

willem

Fri May 13, 2011 1:59 pm

Warming up really helps before going the real thingh,,in the car i be carefull,,watch the traffic,,don't have a office,,bathroom,i like the echo,,i don't sing in the air,,i lke the rest and nature..they never caught me ,,mmmm

what you think,,singin while biking,,everybody goes aside..

I really sing the most in my choir.. and party's,,afer a view drinks.

Music Junkie

Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Mark:

I am very guilty of singing in the car. It is the only place I ever have to myself and therefore the only place I don't worry about scaring anyone..... :woohoo:

J

Fred

Fri May 13, 2011 2:12 pm

For me it's the car. Since warming up is vital, the time that I get the most out of my car singing experience is after a trip to the gym. I'll do a nice run. I find that the run helps my ability to have relaxed throat muscles and controlled breathing while signing (helps me to get the higher notes faster!!). Getting in the car and singing (with out the gym) just takes a little longer to warm up and get the kinks worked out.

Fred

dennisg

Fri May 13, 2011 2:25 pm

I sing everywhere. And when I'm driving and someone in the next car smiles at me because they know I'm singing, I look right at them and sing to them. I sing in the shower, on my bike, at the gym, on walks with my dog, at the park, in the supermarket. But when I'm in earshot of other people, I generally sing very quietly. No sense foisting my music on them.

Hydroman52

Fri May 13, 2011 2:34 pm

In the wintertime - Set up the old chair downstairs in front of a warm fire.

In the summertime - Just haul the old chair onto the front porch (rain or shine).

Neighbors have commented . . . . . . but haven't complained, yet. I live sort of out in the country, so it really doesn't matter too much.

frybaby

Fri May 13, 2011 3:08 pm

I have to say my favorite place to sing would be in the car, when I have the radio blasting.

I hate it when I go under an overpass and loose radio signal.

It hard to sing drive and play my guitar though, bar card are especially difficult.

Since I want to improve singing while playing, my next favorite place is in the family room on the sofa, with no one home.

My wife has caught me, and it embarrassed me, but I didn’t let on.

RicksPick

Fri May 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Its the car for me
Because Ive been banned from everywhere else

Taps have been axe a dent turned on while in the shower
I think that might have been the only time I held the same note longer than a millisecond AHHHHHHHH

RicksPick

juanlla

Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm

The car for me Too - Guilty of Charge.....

Juan

tovo

Fri May 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey Mark nice one.

For me like many here it's the car and like Den I belt it out. I have a massive sound system in my truck (No Confederate flag but still...) and when I am by myself I crank it up big time. Great thing about singing in the car is you always sound fantastic!

The other place is the shower. Acoustics are great in the shower and the crowd is always appreciative! (in my mind I don't actually invited people into my shower).

Finally in my home everyone sings. My kids are confident to sing out and they know lyrics to all the tunes I listen to so it's pretty funny to hear my 8 year old singing "Look at me...I am old but I'm happy" But I like the vibe of everyone being confident to sing. My wife doesn't though, and at times she just looks bemused at the dinner table with all the lads (4 of us) belting out a tune.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic