Paul Simon freaks out a member of his audience

buddy

Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Paul Simon, what a cool guy !!!!!!!!

unclewalt

Fri May 13, 2011 5:31 pm

This made my day. Quite clearly not a set-up.

There's so much fakery in the world, it's getting hard to it apart from reality, I think. Audience-participation is just one thing Keith Urban fakes, for example. Simon has no need to do such a thing, nor is there anything about him that would indicate that he ever would.

tovo

Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 pm

unclewalt wrote:
This made my day. Quite clearly not a set-up.

There's so much fakery in the world, it's getting hard to it apart from reality, I think. Audience-participation is just one thing Keith Urban fakes, for example. Simon has no need to do such a thing, nor is there anything about him that would indicate that he ever would.
Yes I'm sure you're right. I should not have implied that Paul Simon is a fake.

lueders

Fri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Yep, that was cool! Thanks for that Dennis. I like Simon even better than I did before. And, like Beaker said, at the last part of that she was really psyched! (Sort of a "You' re the Next Contestant On the Price's Right... sort of moment there.) And who wouldn't have been freaking out? She didn't do half bad playing & singing in front of a living legend and god only knows how many people.

Don't sweat it to bad, Tony we're all a little cynical from time to time. Hard not to be in this mixed up, muddled up shook up, world.

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Great moment! I'm with Suzi on this... could be a nightmare too!

But Tony, really, can't you tell reality from fairytale yet.....

tovo

Fri May 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for the tip Chris! LOL.

Really, this was a case of me engaging keyboard before brain. My reaction was "gee I wonder if that was set-up?" and I shared my thought. On reflection I see it for what it is. A real nice moment. Sorry for being a dummy.

Music Junkie

Fri May 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Now that was just cool as can be. I would have probably thrown up from nerves, but she handled it quite well. Paul is a class dude for doing something like this. I love a good story....

Thanks for sharing this Dennis.... :)

J

dennisg

Fri May 13, 2011 6:17 pm

It's interesting to me that some people see her experience as a nightmare moment. If I were at, say, a Rolling Stones concert, and I yelled out, "Sing Country Honk ... I just learned to play it last week," and Mick called me up on stage, I'd yell "Beep, beep!" and my feet would be a blur as I did my best roadrunner impression to get up on that stage, snatch a guitar out of Ron Woods' hands, and start flailing away. I'd just hope that when I got to the choruses, Mick and Keef would start singing harmony.

I probably should be a little more freaked out about the idea than I am.

Really, I'm with Michele on this one: Paul Simon's incredible generosity and the woman's total exuberance just made me weepy.

sws626

Fri May 13, 2011 6:26 pm

That was very moving. She did a great job and I don't know how she kept herself together so well. I'm sure I would have had a stroke as soon as he handed me the guitar.

sws626

Fri May 13, 2011 6:36 pm

OMG! That was fantástic and would be thé most thrilling moment of a lifetime to me!!!! I've seen U2 doing this as well, that was awesome as well, but this one made me smile from ear to ear all the way through, yep définitely a dream come true for me, since I've dreamed about such a thing lots of times!! :cheer:

Thanks so much for sharing this with us Den!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic