Robert Noon, (UPDATE)

tovo

Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Kenny,

If anything good comes from such tragedy it's to make us all take stock and reflect on the fact that our day to day problems are nothing compared with the pain of a young life cut cruelly short. I hope Rob takes some comfort in knowing he has loving family and friends around him. All the best.

AndyT

Tue May 17, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm not at all religious, but I will offer my prayers for him.
Sometimes the choices we make in our day to day lives are more important than we realize. I'm not saying that he chose to have this cancer. I'm saying that there is a reason we all go through the things we do, even if we can't see it. It's very sad that this has to happen.

Father, our brother Rob is close to coming home with You and we humbly ask that You give him peace, not just in his heart and mind, but in his body as well. If it is Your will Father, then we pray for his full recovery. Also strengthen his family and loved ones that they may carry on thru the day. Praise You Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen.

skaladar

Tue May 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Kenny, it’s just a shame that some good people are only given to us for a short time.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Rob and his family at a time when strength is needed.
Your actions and gesture says a lot about the caliber of person you are Kenny.

Ken

Yamaha48

Tue May 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Hello Kenny.

25 years,noboddy ask for this ilnes.
Sorry i must surching for the words.
But i shal pray for him,and his fammely.

greetz....................Anton

KennyF

Wed May 18, 2011 6:03 am

Thank you all so very much for the kind and heartfelt words of support. I'll see to it that Kevin (Rob's father) sees these and I know he will appreciate them all.

I'm truly struggling in a search for the right words at this point. I don't know how to say what I feel, without taking the chance of possibly being misunderstood.

You would have to know me personally to make some sense of all of this, but here it goes...

My religious beliefs are a personal thing and more of a big "question mark" these days. Perhaps a struggle to comprehend the incomprehensible I suppose.

The point is... In a crisis, I'm rarely the guy on bended knee, and more often the person who's dragging bodies from the wreckage, or the shoulder to cry on, or the person who tries to offer a reassuring word, etc. I do these things with a calm resolve of, quite possibly, having seen just a little too much in my life. NOT that there’s anything wrong with praying. Hell, in some of the situations I’ve been in, I’d take any and all help that I could get. It’s just not ‘MY’ role.

Who and what I am has been tested close to home, having been there with my own son, and his battle with cancer at age 17. He’s 24 now and doing well. There’s a very good story about that particular time, but that’s for another day.

At any rate, I’m rambling now.

Again, Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Kenny

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 18, 2011 6:43 am

Kenny, this would be an awful time for anyone, no matter what their circumstances and inner beliefs and feelings. That you have been through it with your own son must make the whole thing unbearable. The only question you can focus on now is how and what. How can you help, what can you do? You can't handle the why of it and there can never be an answer to that that will make any sense. I wish you all the strength in the world right now.

KennyF

Wed May 18, 2011 11:24 am

Rob passed away this morning at 9:03 AM at a hospice house in East Stroudsburg,Pennsylvania. His dad was with him and holding his hand at the time. While he is understandably sad, I believe that he is somewhat relieved that his son is no longer suffering.

Kenny

mark

Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 am

Kenny

I am truely sorry to hear this.
At least his suffering is over now.

In time it will easier to apprechiate the good times

mcfingers

Wed May 18, 2011 12:08 pm

My sincerest condolences for the loss.
To say it's a tragedy is an understatement. We are all battling through this life together and I hope the knowledge of that unifying bond brings you some measure of comfort.

Steve

Music Junkie

Wed May 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Kenny:

Sorry to hear the news. The suffering is over, but I am sure the loss will last..... Again, I am glad his dad has you as a friend and that you were there for support. Sometimes the shoulder/rock is the only/best thing you can do.

Take care and give the family our condolences.

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic