Beatles like you've never heard them before (Back in the USSR (vocals only))

daryl

Tue May 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Music Junkie

Tue May 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Daryl:

Is that you singing? It sounded like some sort of chorus thing going on in some places. Pretty cool little bit there.... :)

J

daryl

Tue May 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Daryl:

Is that you singing? It sounded like some sort of chorus thing going on in some places. Pretty cool little bit there.... :)

J
Is that me singing? Nope. That's Paul and maybe John and George. What you're hearing is the actual vocal track from the White Album.

Music Junkie

Tue May 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Well hell...... :silly: :silly:

Guess I had better clean my ears..... Sure sounds different without the tunes..... :laugh:

Is there a site, or a program that you got that through? Would be kind of cool to cut a guitar track with the actual artist singing. Sure would beat having to sing anything myself.... :P

I had found a site a while back that had the backing tracks from all sorts of artists with the guitar pulled out. You could choose from rhythm or lead and then you could download a .wav or .mp3 file to play with. I got some good ones, but I am not too sure if the site is still around any longer. Music industry cracking down and all.

J

daryl

Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Music Junkie

Tue May 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Very cool......

Also, see this.... OOPS

http://www.beatlesagain.com/btoops.html

J

daryl

Tue May 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks. But been there - done that.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 25, 2011 7:05 am

Fascinating. Sound like Paul mostly... I think I hear George at one point but I'd bet it's nearly all Paul .. even the duh, duh, duh bit.

daryl

Wed May 25, 2011 7:17 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Fascinating. Sound like Paul mostly... I think I hear George at one point but I'd bet it's nearly all Paul .. even the duh, duh, duh bit.
I hear John doing the duh duh duhs. But it is hard to tell.

From wikipedia:

Recording

Five takes were recorded of the backing track, featuring Paul on drums, George on electric guitar, and John on bass (Fender Bass VI). Take 5 was chosen as "best". The exact order of overdubs is not clear. Paul recorded a full drum performance on Track 2, with no other instrumental contributions by John or George. On Track 3, Paul played bass while George played the Bass VI, sometimes doubling Paul's bass line and sometimes playing full chords. (This capability was one of the benefits of the Bass VI; it could be played as a bass or as a regular 6-string guitar.) While they were playing their parts, John overdubbed snare on the off-beats for the entire duration of the song without a single deviation or fill. This performance was basically duplicated on Track 1, possibly wiping the original backing track in the process. On Track 4, Paul contributed a piano performance, while John and George provided more bass and electric guitar. With all four tracks, a reduction was made into Take 6, combining Tracks 1 and 3 into a single track and tracks 3 and 4 into another. On the remaining two tracks, Paul recorded his lead vocal - double tracked in places - while John and George contributed handclaps and Beach Boys-styled backing vocals.

Personnel

* Paul McCartney – double-tracked vocal, backing vocals, piano, lead guitar, bass, drums, handclaps, percussion
* John Lennon – backing vocals, lead guitar, 6-string bass, drums, handclaps, percussion
* George Harrison – backing vocals, lead guitar, bass, drums, handclaps, percussion

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 25, 2011 8:25 am

Yes, I'd agree with that... I can hear the double tracking of Paul's voice and I can hear where John and George join in (you hear it best where they are laughing) but what I really want to know, now, is... who was it that belched at 1:09 ?!! Impress me by telling me that! :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic