Twisters in the Midwest

tovo

Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm

I am aware through newspaper reports that some deadly twisters have struck the US Midwest for the 2nd time in a month and a number of people have been killed.

You guys in the USA have always been quick to send your messages of support out to us, the floods in Australia and the Quakes in Haiti and New Zealand being examples, so let me say I hope sincerely that those affected by this can recover as quickly as possible, and heartfelt condolences for the terrible loss of life.

willem

Mon May 23, 2011 2:04 pm

tovo wrote:
I am aware through newspaper reports that some deadly twisters have struck the US Midwest for the 2nd time in a month and a number of people have been killed.

You guys in the USA have always been quick to send your messages of support out to us, the floods in Australia and the Quakes in Haiti and New Zealand being examples, so let me say I hope sincerely that those affected by this can recover as quickly as possible, and heartfelt condolences for the terrible loss of life.

My words Tony,,everytime i start my computer i see this news too,,

Chasplaya

Mon May 23, 2011 2:08 pm

tovo wrote:

My sentiments entirely, I just read online news here about the same thing. What is happening around the world right now? Keep safe people

haoli25

Mon May 23, 2011 2:32 pm

The recovery and cleanup efforts are being hampered today by more storms. As of 2pm Cenral US time today, the area around Joplin, MO. was getting hit by more severe storms.

Bill

lueders

Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

haoli25 wrote:
The recovery and cleanup efforts are being hampered today by more storms. As of 2pm Central US time today, the area around Joplin, MO. was getting hit by more severe storms.

Bill

Geez, from the sound of things there wasn't much of anything left standing in Joplin from the first round...

And the deep South (specifically Alabama) got rocked BIGTIME too... Mother-Nature is really peeved!!

MarkM

Mon May 23, 2011 3:13 pm

I was in TN a few weeks ago and we had to go to the bowels of the building because of a tornado warning. I've never experienced that before. Luckily it didn't hit where we were. I'm finding out that I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for these things when I move to GA. I'm afraid that we'll all see more of this to come in the future. The storms or weather in general is getting stronger and more violent. Regardless of ones own beliefs the facts are that records are being broken all over the world for this phenomenon.

MarkM

michelew

Mon May 23, 2011 3:32 pm

My thought go out to everyone effected by these storms.

haoli25

Mon May 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Those poor people just can't catch a break today. Image

coomba

Mon May 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Well said Tony I agree totally
Its very sad to see whats been happening lately in the US.
I hope for things to settle down quickly so the people effected can recover.

Scott

Music Junkie

Mon May 23, 2011 5:13 pm

I can't even imagine going through that. I heard that the base of the tornado was 1/2 mile wide and that, in one instance, debris from a commercial building was found 6 miles away from it's point of origin. Scary power that mother nature possesses.... :(

I truly hope that the remaining folks can find safe refuge from these newer storms. My thoughts and wishes are with them to be sure....

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic