I would love to meet Tommy Emmanuel in person

willem

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Just to encourage me,,,,

sbutler

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Willem, I've often thought that If I ever did get a chance to shake his hand, I'd hold on for a half hour at least. Maybe some of the stuff he's got would rub off on me.

Scott

tvarga

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Me too ...
But I'd like to meet Neil someday too. My family lives in Los Gatos so I'm hoping that'll happen someday soon.

AndyT

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:37 am

I would love to roadie for TE. That would give me a chance to hang and learn from him.

sbutler

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:49 pm

tvarga wrote:
Me too ...
But I'd like to meet Neil someday too. My family lives in Los Gatos so I'm hoping that'll happen someday soon.
Tom, I can tell you from experience, you really need to make this happen. He's as neat in person as he is on TG.

Scott

willem

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:24 pm

I HOPE HE HAS SOME SLOW VERSIONS AND SOME HUMOR..

heyjoe

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:27 pm

sbutler wrote
Tom, I can tell you from experience, you really need to make this happen. He's as neat in person as he is on TG.

Scott
Have to agree with sbutler, I've met Tommy Emmanuel at a meet and greet session, and at a guitar workshop. He's a very nice person, easy to talk to, and gives great advice. I got a CD signed, and shook his hand. He's one of my inspirations.

Willem, I hope you get to meet him, he really is a special person.

He's out on tour at the moment, have you checked to see if he's coming anywhere near you?

Good Luck

Joe

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks

ncsurfer

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I met Tommy Emmanuel before a concert here in NC earlier this year. He was extremely gracious, polite and very witty. He played my guitar a little and also signed it for me.

I had prepared things I wanted to say but got a bit tongue tied when I finally met him. He showed sincere interest in my guitar, how long I've been playing, what I like to play, etc. In a crowded room he made me feel like I was the center of his attention, and I bet everyone in that room felt the same way when they got their turn.

What impressed me the most was that he noticed my wife off to the side watching me meet my guitar hero and immediately walked over to introduce himself to include her in my moment. I'm glad I got to share a few minutes with him and after watching how he treated the other people at the concert I now appreciate him foremost as a wonderful person who happens to play brilliant guitar instead of the other way around.

I would also like to meet Neil and the staff at TG. I would be willing to wager my prize signed guitar that the experience would be the same. Some day perhaps, but it's a long way to the left coast from here. Maybe Neil could sign my guitar as well?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic