18-6-2011,,,,,,,,,,,,what are you practising the coming view day's

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:55 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Willem, in the coming years, I hope to complete section B of "Sleight Of Hand". I will then retire and move on to section C. B)

Bill
What!!!! your up to B already!!!

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:58 pm

I'm working on two primarily, neither of them TARGET lessons either;

first one is a SRV number from his MTV Unplugged series, Life By The Drop

and a complete change an Andrew York number called Snowflight

AS well as numerous traditional mandolin tunes, whichare proving to be a distraction,but a pleasant one I might add.

lueders

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Main Target Songs that I been working on:

1. Sally where did ya get yer Whiskey?
2. Amie-Pure Prairie League
3. White Rabbit-The Airplane
4. Take on Me-Aha

Mad World-Gary Jules
Plateau-Nirvana/Meatpuppets
Beck- Guess I'm Doin Fine
That Greg Brown tune Daryl helped out on.
Originals and Works in Progress things...

And then from there it is a whole bunch of marsh mellows...

Cori

M.J.: I can't find the Blackfoot song anywhere you were talking about. So this might not be helpful at all. But I had a thought on that.
You said were having trouble with the E minor to B minor change. I don't know the context it is in. But have you tried the one finger e minor fingering on that?
There are so many times I am struggling with something and then it might dawn on me later that it is a problem with the way I chose to finger the voicing.
I dunno, just a thought.

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:58 pm

lueders wrote:
M.J.: I can't find the Blackfoot song anywhere you were talking about. So this might not be helpful at all. But I had a thought on that.
You said were having trouble with the E minor to B minor change. I don't know the context it is in. But have you tried the one finger e minor fingering on that?
There are so many times I am struggling with something and then it might dawn on me later that it is a problem with the way I chose to finger the voicing.
I dunno, just a thought.
Cori:

I am not sure if this will work. It works on my YT channel when I play it..... there are 8 measures in the chorus:

Em - Bm - C - G Em - Bm - C - D

The part that has got me is the Em to Bm to C. I am just trying to get the barre down solid to keep the bass note going. I'll get it someday, but for now it is kicking my rear.... :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/CampEFAH?fe ... wOPhqxnBiQ

MJ

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:12 am

Well I'd love to answer that, but I don't have an answer...since I just can't seem to figure out what I want to go for next... :(

So playing, sure I play a lot, but really practicing...hmmm..

Any suggestions? :)

Ness

reiver

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:17 am

Hmmmm - bit of a mixed bag for me too -

1) An intro to Sounds of Silence, shamelessly stolen from the clip below

2) A solo for Runaway (Del Shannon - not Kanye West!)

3) Windfall - Son Volt

4) Windy and Warm, again.......

5) Mandolin Wind - Rod Stewart

6) Whatever else I happen to hear on the radio on any given day!

Stuart

By the way, can anyone explain why my links to You Tube files don't appear as the actual videos but just remain as addresses?

dekotaj

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 am

Hey Stu

Wish I could help.Having the same problem.They keep asking me to up date browser.Maybe that it???

Kevin

willem

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 am

@Ness..well it seems you have just fun by playing then,,

@Stuart,my experience is that when you copie the url when you are on the channel from the user(most with nice colors and an background pic) the vid will not upload as a vid,,click again on the users or title till you get the white page,,then copie the url again and the vid will paste as a vid,,not a link..

daryl

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:18 am

reiver wrote:
Hmmmm - bit of a mixed bag for me too -

1) An intro to Sounds of Silence, shamelessly stolen from the clip below

2) A solo for Runaway (Del Shannon - not Kanye West!)

3) Windfall - Son Volt

4) Windy and Warm, again.......

5) Mandolin Wind - Rod Stewart

6) Whatever else I happen to hear on the radio on any given day!

Stuart

By the way, can anyone explain why my links to You Tube files don't appear as the actual videos but just remain as addresses?
Like Willem said, use the full URL address that is displayed in the address field in your browser when you are viewing a specific video. Don't try to use the URL in the address field when viewing a video from a particular user's channel. For me the URL should look something like: "h t t p : // www. youtube .com/watch?v=L-JQ1q-13Ek"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-JQ1q-13Ek

sbutler

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 am

Willem, the first thing in my practice/play book is Sleight of Hand, all sections. I wish I could figure out how to build all the sections into one on GP6, but I just can't seem to get them to all play well together and sound right. So I pratice them individually.

Then the list gets really long, I start at the front of my 3 ring binder, were all my stuff is printed to paper and I have
Classical Gas
Romonza
Hey Hey (clapton)
Still polishing the Ivory Salamandor
Wish you were here
More than words
Alices Resturant
Helplessly hoping
Chicago (doobies)
Here comes the sun (solo guitar)
If you could read my mind
Dust in the wind
Landslide
Signe
ON the Horizon
I still can't say goodbye.

I'm getting tired of typing, but that is the first of 3 binders I have. There is always Windy and Warm when I'm not sick of it. I ususally try to play each of these as I get to them, at least 3 times each. Sometimes more. And I don't try to play them each time I sit down to practice, but I just keep turning pages in my book and go thru them all to the end, then start over, with the exception of Sleight of Hand. I work on that every day.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic