Droid Phones TG Help required

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:51 pm

suziko wrote:
I have an Android, too, and I'd love to see an app for it. I've had varying success accessing TG through it. Many times it just crashes the browser.

Suzi
I just had the same issue a few moments ago tried to logon but my browser crashed. I have an IDEOS X5 it is running Android version 2.2.1, can't get an update as yet, maybe thats the issue here.

TGMike

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

Give us some time to look into this. We have to come up with a video spec that is compatible and served in a way that works for the device. On top of it not all Android devices are created equally.

Tablets can be the worst and most confusing as some manufacturers simply don't support flash installation. It is actually blocked. You can't go by Android version alone. I have recently spent a lot of time hacking an inexpensive tablet testing out honeycomb, gingerbread, etc... results were very mixed on video compatibility.

My phone is a 4G HTC Thunderbolt which is quite a powerhouse as far as Android phones go... it has mixed results with video and is not currently working on TG even though it has Flash 10.3 installed.

Compared to the iPad where all iPads are one hardware spec and manufacturer the Android is a trickier beast. It is on the radar though so i'll update when possible.

Thanks,
Mike

TGMike

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Made a few quick tweaks today to the lesson pages. Right now from my phone here is what works:

Default Android Browser
Dolphin

Right now on the above 2 working browsers I have to click any lesson part two times to get the player to start working on a new lesson page. After that on the same lesson page all links work fine with one click.

Not Working:
Firefox
Opera
Skyfire

We will chip away at this a bit at a time to figure out a consistent experience for everyone but again keep in mind we are working with a ton of different variables between phone manufacturers, Android build limitations from vendor, etc...

Will be good to keep getting feedback on what works. Anyone start an Android users group yet? ;)

Chasplaya

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Somehow I just knew you guys would be working on this anyway. Good luck Mike. I might start an Android group that way we can keep our issues in one place.

Thanks again TGMike appreciate the efforts.

RicksPick

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Sorry should have wrote this before, I think it helped alot

Download flash from the market place

RicksPick

Edit ,Ah just read Mike's post, lol

Chasplaya

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:55 pm

I just set up an Android Group for further discussion so things can be kept in one place if anyone is interested in continuing discussion.

Catman

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:59 am

TGMike wrote:
Right now on the above 2 working browsers I have to click any lesson part two times to get the player to start working on a new lesson page
That works for me. Thanks.

-David

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic