Handy man JT

willem

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:36 pm

I add a new request on the very long list and discovered there are a lot request on James Taylor songs,,of course we can learn them our self but it is so nice too have Neils vision..

voting link

http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... y-man.html

i like this cover

and this cover

millponddave

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 pm

willem

I cast my vote! Can never have too many Taylor songs.

On another note, I truly enjoy seeing the older crowd still up and running. Male and female. And Elton!

Can't help but wonder what John Denver and Jim Croce would be doing today. Marcia and I go to Andy Williams every year. He's 83 and still a super entertainer. And there are twenty-somethings in the audience!!

Sam

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:42 am

Hi Willem,

I understand that sometimes the "Reccomend a lesson" is not enough, and a song just begs so much you can't help but make a thread for the request :)

This tune has haunted me since way back, was therapy to sing ... soooo melodious ... I must have driven the neighbours mad :blink:

Willem, although you posted a live version and some covers,

I have to say that James Taylor's album version is REALLY the one that sends shivers down my spine. (Put up the volume !)
We should maybe remind ourselves that whatever we hear on YouTube is probably of low quality, and that the sound of the SOURCE recording is SOOOO MUCH BETTER !

And here is the REAL ORIGINAL song from 1960 ... James Taylor's version is a BIT different

willem

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:23 am

@ Pierre,, it brought me shivers too,, i did not know that JT made it his own,,i find it a very fun song in the way of being a handy repair man for broken hearts,,in our music group we did that a view times so this song could really suite the case,,,thanks for you vote..

@SAM OH I like the two man also very much, they rock, are'nt they??? check them out they have a lot of covers and can give you a lot of energy,,thanks for your vote

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic