Been away/moving/new job/selling house/too tired/etc......

AndyT

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 pm

I just went through that so I feel for you.
A piece of advice, MAKE time to sit and play your guitar. Even if it's only 15 minutes. Stress KILLS man. Don't get on its hit list.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:20 am

Hey Mark, good luck on the move and all that it entails. One day soon you'll be sitting out side on a balmy sunny day with beer in hand and something tasty on the grill as you reach for your guitar, all done! Keep that in focus and enjoy the ride.;-)

pbraun

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 am

Hey Mark, let me know where in Ga you'll be, just north is a big place. I actually live just north of Atl. as well. You'll love Ga, I have been here since 88 after living in the north most of my life at that point.
Hope we are able to get some guitar playing time in once you get settled, we may end up not being that far away from each other.
Good Luck in your transition!
Pete

lueders

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Great to hear how you're doing Mark!

Wanna wish you luck with everything that's going on and obviously that's a lót!

I have to agree with Chris' and Andy's advice, focus on that beer in hand while enjoying the sun, something nice on the bbq and you reaching out for your guitar! In the meanwhile, make time to sometimes sit down and just play for a little while..

Take care Mark, later! ;)

Ness

michelew

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Mark,

Good luck with the move. And I really look forward to seeing you around more and listening to your videos sometime soon.

I really don't know how anyone deals with the temperatures you get and the length of your cold seasons. The temperatures that I whinge about would be a nice warm relief for you. So I'm glad that you're migrating towards the warmth. Being cold sucks!

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

All the best.

Michele

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Mark, not that I mean to brag, but I don't think I ever mentioned that I'm a CMAT, or Certified Moving Angst Therapist (also got a Master's degree in shelving).

My prescription is the following:
Sit down a bit, crack open a cold one ... turn the volume way up and play this one ... good luck with everything !

Pierre

The Rolling Stones - You Gotta Move

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:02 am

Thanks

ncsurfer

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:35 am

Hi Mark,

Among my many locations I lived in both Woodstock and Canton and worked in Atlanta and Duluth, I used to know the region very well but its changed alot since I lived there. I've lived in New England also and can certainly appreciate the need to escape the winter weather! I still have relatives inside the Atlanta perimeter which I visit occasionally so maybe we could hook up down GA way.

If during one of your torturous 1000 mile commutes you want to take a side trip to Wilmington, NC I have an extra guitar you could borrow, nothing fancy but it sounds good. A free place to stay and I'll feed you as well! You could always return it during one of my Atlanta trips. I know time away from the guitar feels like you're missing a third arm.

Good Luck with the move!

jayswett

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Atlanta will be a much different experience for you and your family, but a great adventure nonetheless. Hopefully, we will be able to play together again at the next TG gathering. Good luck to you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic