Been away/moving/new job/selling house/too tired/etc......

MarkM

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:15 am

Where to begin...hmmm. Well first off my apologies for not getting to everyones videos for review as I really enjoy watching them. I've been flat out the past month. I try and sneak a quick glimpse here and there but I haven't had much time. I'm getting ahead of myself. Lets start from the beginning. As it happens I have lived through 41 New England winters. This has never been a problem in the past as I have been skiing since I was 4 and really loved the culture of NH and New England in general. These past few years though have been tough mentally. Winter is entirely too long and summer is really only about 4 or 5 good weeks on a good year. I'm happiest in July as it is our hottest month and I get a chance to enjoy the pool and outdoors in general. My wife and I have discussed moving now for the past 3 years and we figured we'd take the plunge next year. However a late March/early April snowstorm cracked me :laugh: :laugh: . At that point I said I was done and went on the internal job site of my company and found a few opportunities. A few trips for interviews and two months later I'm on my way south. I really can't believe it happened so fast. We have family that are moving to NC and Florida and some very close friends just moved north of Atlanta GA. So the migration is on.

As of last week I offically started working in my new role (same as the last but with different customers). Thankfully I got a nice relocation package with work so some of the stress is reduced. However there is still plenty left. :laugh: :laugh: We just put our house on the market last Friday and today is our fisrt showing. I've spent every weekend the past two months painting and generally getting the place ready to sell. If I don't pick up a paint brush or nail gun up in the next 5 years it will be too soon. So between commuting to the Atlanta area every week from NH (about 1000 miles) and doing home projects at my NH house I have had no time on this site and next to no time with my guitar. I'm going to have to buy another guitar and leave it in GA. :laugh: :laugh: Not having time or access to playing is driving me nuts as it is my main source of stress relief. We picked out a house last week and actually start paying on it July 1st. We are leasing the house for the first year so we can now be buyers in a buyers market and buy a house in 12 months. I'll have so sell my house really quick so I don't have to carry essentially two mortgages for a few months. No stress there right??????

So with all this said I'll be lurking here for a while longer but hope to be back to full swing by August when we finally move the whole family down to GA. Any other TG'ers live down there? I've been very fortunate to have met and played with some members up here in New England and hope to be able to find new guitar friends in the South. We are really excited to be moving to an area that has a wonderful standard of living, great weather (if you like summer) and already have some of our best friends and family in the area who just moved down there from NH. I still need to post a few more videos from the TG weekend we all had. Not sure when I'll get them up but will try to soon.

That's it for now. So please don't think I'm ignoring all my TG friends by not putting in my comments on all the great videos and threads. I should be able to get to some of them this week as it happens I'm staying local this week. Back on the plane next week though. Take care!!!!

MarkM

willem

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am

hI Mark,,what can i say,,well stay calm and be settled first,,,hope you gonna enjoy your new place and hope you will sell the old very quick 'cos double paying is not so good.. happy moving...

BobR

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Mark,

Things are really moving along quickly. I'm sure everyone misses your participation here but we all understand how busy and stressed you must be after reading this. I am sad that you're moving away but am glad that it's a great move for you and what you want. If there's any possibility of getting together before you move let me know.

Bob

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 am

Mark:

One of my best friends in this world lives in Marietta, right near the Atlanta area. Been there a few times to visit and loved it. Beautiful area with lakes to fish and great golf courses (course I suck at golf, but what else is new...lol). If you are going to be close to Atlanta, that gives me an added bonus next time I head back that way.

Make sure to stop and take a breath once in a while and take the kids to a laser light show at Stone Mountain if they still have them. Most of all, be safe and don't exhaust yourself too much during the process.

Cheers!

MJ

tovo

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Hey Mark. Exciting times for you buddy. I hope your stress levels stay reasonably low and that it all comes together without too much hassle. Look forward to seeing more of you on the site once you have settled into your new home and job.

All the very best mate.

TGMatt

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Change is fun, embrace it, you are definitely in for an adventure, congrats on pulling the trigger

daryl

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:04 pm

NCsurfer (North Carolina)
Tarblueman (North Carolina)

Ktyevols (South Carolina)

PBraun (Georgia)
Mark M (Georgia)

JHall (Florida)
Catfish (Florida)
Weatsmw (Florida)
Randylawson (Florida)
Frankdeo (Florida)
joevans2167 (Florida)

Chasplaya

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey Mark, just wrote a very similar post, so I can definitely empathise with you on this never easy times making such major changes in life. Hope all goes well mate.

d_dog

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Great to hear from you Mark! Sounds like you're doing great, considering. I hope you sell fast and get a good price. I wish you all the best. I too have been absent for quite some time, I hope to change that...
Take care man!

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Nothing worse than moving, Mark.
(well maybe some things are worse- but it's high on my NOT-to-do list!)

We'll leave the TG light on for you..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic