Moving Also/New Job Soon/ Selling house Soon/ Buying House Soon /Tired of this game definitely!

Chasplaya

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Just read MarkMs post about moving etc, now I can really empathise with him on that. Hope the commute and selling/buying goes well mark.

My story is sort off similar, Jill had been hoping to develop her career as a Police Prosecutor, bit like a DA but in uniform I guess for American friends. Now to achieve that meant moving to Auckland, NZ's biggest city about 7hrs drive North from Feilding. Well cutting the long story short she applied and got a position, this also means a promotion for her so I am really proud of her. What this means is I now need to find a job outside of Police as due to economic times and squeeze on public service they won't transfer me. Also naturally we are in the property market to buy and sell, hopefully sell first!. Now property market in Auckland is expensive e.g. my house in Feilding would fetch approx $1,000,000 in some suburbs whereas in Feilding I'll be lucky to get $370,000 no stress really! We have found a house we really like see link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =380598236

And we are in the process of negotiating with owners and the bank. What we really need though is someone to put hand in pocket and buy our Feilding place. Don't want to do the two mortgage thing either.

Job hunting well I have 9 applications in with various companies and one confirmed interview so far. The tyranny of distance for prospective employers seems to be an issue, long way to go for interviews, so next interview is by phone hardly ideal! so no stress there Yeah Right!

Jill has relocated to Auckland and started new job and is living with friends for the time being. We are also fortunate that Jills new package involves a very good relocation allowance so that helps considerably. She loves her job but doesn't like being apart much. No stress there either Yeah Right!

What is this doing to guitar time etc, well unlike mark I have a guitar at work so I get time to stress relief there, shhh don't tell the Boss! At home well with just me time is taken up a lot with getting house in saleable order, haven't done the paint brush thing but have done the nail gun!

Majority of moves I've done before were local so never been an issue but these long distance ones sheeshh hard to do.

So Mark mate your not alone in this thing I feel for you. Hopefully things work out soon so we can see those TG collaboration vids yet to come.

Me well I might just be getting the hang of this Micro BR thing finally and you never know.

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:38 pm

I would have thought you'd have more guitar time, with Jill away already?
But I guess not, if you have to get your old place ready to sell.

Good luck with everything, and keep us posted, Chas!
(especially with your BR progress :woohoo: )

BobR

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi Chas,

Good luck on the job interviews and move. I hope you'll be together soon to relieve the stress level. :S

Bob

AndyT

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

I think there is something in the water, with all these TG'ers moving lately...
Be sure and spend time with your loved ones. Jill too! LOL

willem

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:33 am

Hi Chas,,hope everything is going to be nice soon,,a litlle time away from the guitar aint bad and look what you maybe get in a new place,,it looks very nice and space enough for the vistank and an veranda(balcony) to play ballads...seven hours drive for seeing your women,well you need a jet plane to kiss her goodnight..wish you well and happyness when all is done,,,,

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks for your thoughts Al, Andy, Bob and Willem. Now Willem a jet plane to go for good night kiss, hmmm maybe , maybe not too expensive lol, might just stick to Facebook and Skype for the moment lol

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 am

Challenging times Chas! I hope the selling and buying goes well, life is full!
What is this doing to guitar time etc, well unlike mark I have a guitar at work so I get time to stress relief there, shhh don't tell the Boss!
Oh, I'm not sure if I'd mention that in your phone interview, if I wee you! :-)

boldent

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Hey Chas,

Great to read an update of how things are going, and yep I'm sure you're very very proud of your wife!

And I can see why you like this house, WAUW, whát a place, I'd love it!

Anyway, wanna wish you luck with everything, and that things will work out soon enough. And yep, keep strumming! ;)

Take care,

Ness

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks

Lavallee

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Hey Chas, things will settle down soon as it always does. Take the time to watch this video. Thanks Dermot you made me laugh.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic