Dream a little dream...

michelew

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Or a big one.

You're walking along the beach when you come across a wicked looking flute-like thing. Being musical and the adventurous type (and not thinking about the range of nasty things you might catch) you pick it up and blow into it. Because I've read too many fairy tails and seen too many Disney movies, at that moment a spirit rocker genie dude pops out and ... Yep you guessed it... Gives you three wishes.

Being a musical genie he will only grant music related wishes.

So what are you going to do with your 3 wishes?

Dream a little dream.

Michele

sbutler

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:50 pm

OH MY, MY MY MY, Michele.
Do you really want to go there???????

There is an old country saying here in the US, "Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it"

Scott

tovo

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Michele, I watched a program recently where a particularly smart fellow said that it's the giving of pleasure not the receiving that results in real joy. With that in mind, I'm using my 3 music wishes to do some good for the music World:

1. I'm bringing back John Lennon. The idiot who shot him died of a heart attack on 1st Ave in New York as he was walking to Lennon's apartment.

2. I'm bringing back SRV. He is still keeping the blues alive and still wearing THAT hat.

3. In an inspired move, I am winding back the clock to when Stevie Nicks was oh say...22 years old and asking the music Genie to keep her young forever. (OK that one is selfish I admit) Is that 4 wishes? Probably. I will need to negotiate with the Genie. If the Genie is feeling generous, I will do the same for Sheryl Crow as a favour to my mate Dennis.

michelew

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Scott and Tony I hear you.

Well my first wish would be the ability to transport myself, my gear and anyone i want to accompany me to anywhere in the world in the blink of an eye so I could play music with my friends around the world. And the ability to get home. Obviously this is a use as many times as I want thingy.

Scott - desperate measures since you haven't fixed my beam me up Scotty transporter yet.

:)

michelew

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 pm

So the name of the Zaandam gigs might need to become '4 Dutchies and an Aussie or 2'

dennisg

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:47 pm

1. I'd like to buy the dream guitar for each of my TG pals ... a build-to-order Taylor or Martin for all the good folks who regularly post in this forum and do so in a positive manner.
2. I would love to be able to summon my friends Tony, Michele, and Suzi at will so that we could play music, sing, laugh, and gossip endlessly.
3. I'd like to bring back all the rock, pop, and folk musicians who died before their times so that the world could appreciate what they would have contributed had they lived.

lueders

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 pm

1.) I would immediately wish for infinite musical wishes. That way I would be covered if I had to un-wish something. (After all,those genies are tricksters. lol)
Also my musical greed would be thoroughly satisfied.

2.) I would wish to be able to see into the spirit world so I could see: Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson and Kurt Cobain jam together at the
"Dead @ 27 Club".

3.) For Vanessa B. to cover Tracy Chapman.

michelew

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm

dennisg wrote:
1. I'd like to buy the dream guitar for each of my TG pals ... a build-to-order Taylor or Martin for all the good folks who regularly post in this forum and do so in a positive manner.
2. I would love to be able to summon my friends Tony, Michele, and Suzi at will so that we could play music, sing, laugh, and gossip endlessly.
3. I'd like to bring back all the rock, pop, and folk musicians who died before their times so that the world could appreciate what they would have contributed had they lived.
Den,

I'd definely be wearing out my welcome at your, Suzi and Tony's place.

'damn is Shel here again! I wish she wouldn't keep landing in the daffodils beds'.

sbutler

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 pm

michelew wrote:
Scott and Tony I hear you.

Well my first wish would be the ability to transport myself, my gear and anyone i want tO accompany me to anywhere in the world in the blink of an eye so I could play music with my friends around the world. And the ability to get home. Obviously this is a use as many times as I want thingy.

Scott - desperate measures since you haven't fixed my beam me up Scotty transporter yet.

Sorry Michele. The parts that I need were made in Japan. The damn Sunami wiped out the factory, so I'm looking for other sources.

I'm giving it all I got Captn'

AND, now that I've had time to think on your little fantasy, I think my first wish, would be to have the ability to entertain and touch a lot of people with the music from my guitar. I've never thought of me playing for ego, but it would be nice to have the abilty to make lots of people happy, doing something I really like to do.

I'll have to work on the other two wishes and get back with ya later. However, the Reincarnation of SRV does have merit.

michelew

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Scott - the effects of the tsunami are far reaching indeed. Ok you're off the hook.

Lots of good dreams here.

Well for my second wish (yes me, me, me)...

I'd like to be blessed with some of the superpowers that many of you and so many others have. I'd like to have more natural aptitude and understanding of music; I'd like it to become my first language (without losing my other abilities of course). I'd like to be able to think in intervals and rhythms and intertwining harmonies and parts and phrasing and all the things that make music magic; for this stuff to happen naturally and organically and without hurting my limited brain as it often does now.

I love the idea of making people happy and I'm more than happy to pay my dues for this gift by using my new powers for good; for making people happy and connect with each other and feel more and feel love.

That would be awesome.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic