Dream a little dream...

tovo

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:53 pm

michelew wrote:

I love the idea of making people happy and I'm more than happy to pay my dues for this gift by using my new powers for good; for making people happy and connect with each other and feel more and feel love.

That would be awesome.

:)

M.
Shel you DO make a lot of people happy, even without special powers! I'm connected, I'm happy and I'm feeling the love big time. Good on ya my friend.

willem

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Is it dreaming or wishing?? this site makes the world smaller but when you really think a baut it is a big one too,,i wish or dream only to meet a lot of you and ponding a way on guitar and have a good meal..but traveling around for me could'nt be to far or it must be somewhere in the middle,,some happy island..

AndyT

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:42 am

Hmmmmm.....

1. That I would write and perform a song that causes world peace to break out.

2. That I would write and perform a song that causes all the greed to vanish and stops the suppression of advancement.

3. That I would have the skill and natural ability to play any instrument as well as any virtuoso.

Chasplaya

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:57 am

1. Have the natural ability to play the guitar as well as any of my favourites so I could take the music to play free or for charitable causes. (Now I need to fund that so a Lotto win might be part of that)

2. Bring back some of the greats, SRV, Robert Johnson Kurt Cobain John Lennon George Harrison Paul Kossof so they could join me on the stage at these concerts (now thinking if these guys were there some of the other greats wouldn't want to miss out so they would come along just to be a part of these events

3. Make these concerts an annual feature and get all my TG friends along at no cost (gotta be a big Lotto win I guess)

michelew

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:35 am

tovo wrote:
michelew wrote:

I love the idea of making people happy and I'm more than happy to pay my dues for this gift by using my new powers for good; for making people happy and connect with each other and feel more and feel love.

That would be awesome.

M.
Shel you DO make a lot of people happy, even without special powers! I'm connected, I'm happy and I'm feeling the love big time. Good on ya my friend.
Tony, you're a big sweet softy. Lots of love right back atchya mate.

Shel

michelew

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:59 am

Andy great minds think alike.

Yep for my third and final wish I think I'm going for world peace (does that qualify me for some sort of pageant?)... but a little different to Andy's version.

Well I considered all of the following:

- being able to play any instrument I want well from when i first pick it up
- getting a voice like Eva Cassidy or a mix of Eva and some other wonderful singers,
- being able to make a living from music, being great at it and loving it.
- becoming financially secure enough (winning big at lotto would probably do it) so that I could give up work and enjoy my other two gifts of getting into my new understanding of music and natural ability, developing as a musician and of course whizzing around the world playing with my friends
- ensuring that all kids no matter where they are in the world are able to have the freedom, space and access to music teachers and musical instruments to allow them to explore music and reap all the benefits that a musical education has and the fun and joy of course.

But my final wish is a way of bringing about world peace and stamping out the ugly sides of humanity in all it's forms. This wish will apply whenever someone is being really ugly towards another person, whether it be war mongers, wife beaters, people who do horrible things to kids, slavers, industrials who think that getting rich by walking over someone else is OK, greedy politicians who are happy to pass legislation that results in our environment (our life support system) being polluted and degraded, people who are prepare to invade their neighbours house and land to take their resources, ... Well basically ugliness in all it's forms.

OK I'm ranting. :S

So what is it already you ask ...

Well whenever someone, anyone, is being truly ugly I want them to get an irresistible urge to stop what they are doing immediately and go off and write, practice and perforrm a heart-felt, genuine and mushy love song. I want the urge to be so strong that they will not be satisfied until they've done just that. OK they can eat and sleep and go about normal things as long as they are not being ugly again, but that love song will be calling them until it's written.

So maybe we do need more love songs after all.

I'd like to live in that world, a world without all the ugliness. I wonder what it would be like.

Hmmm...

Michele

michelew

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:01 am

Chasplaya wrote:
1. Have the natural ability to play the guitar as well as any of my favourites so I could take the music to play free or for charitable causes. (Now I need to fund that so a Lotto win might be part of that)

2. Bring back some of the greats, SRV, Robert Johnson Kurt Cobain John Lennon George Harrison Paul Kossof so they could join me on the stage at these concerts (now thinking if these guys were there some of the other greats wouldn't want to miss out so they would come along just to be a part of these events

3. Make these concerts an annual feature and get all my TG friends along at no cost (gotta be a big Lotto win I guess)

Chas, I was sure you were simply going to say 'jam with Clapton'. But, I guess you first wish makes him want to do that too right?

willem

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:12 am

michelew wrote:
[. I wonder what it would be like.

Hmmm...

Michele[/quote]

One happy island in the universe ?? well i am wondering too if it could be possible.

tombo1230

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:55 am

But of cóurse!!! When that 'transporter' is fixed it should be your very first stop! :P

michelew wrote:
So the name of the Zaandam gigs might need to become '4 Dutchies and an Aussie or 2'

Lavallee

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:59 am

Haha, oh my gosh Cori, I gotta hand it to you, you're a very persistent man!! :laugh:

I've convinced myself that you've surely forgotten about it!.......but I should've known better... ;)

Tracy, Tracy....Tracy......hmmmm....thinking..

lueders wrote:
3.) For Vanessa B. to cover Tracy Chapman.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic