Dream a little dream...

tovo

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:09 pm

michelew wrote:
I'm wondering what the consequences of bring back all these awesome musicians might be. Besides excited and bewildered adoring fans and more cool performances of course.
Genie wishes don't have any consequences Shel...that's the beauty of the Genie.

I'm hoping though that in gratitude for giving him his life back, John would agree to play at all my backyard BBQs.

michelew

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Well that's good to know. So we won't have to pay a huge debt for all the war mongers singing new love songs.

And of course I'm sure that John would LOVE to play at all of your BBQs. I'm expecting an invitation BTW.

michelew

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Cori, Marc, Chris and MJ,

Good dreams.

Cori - good luck with the Tracey number. Repeating into submission is an effective strategy. I use it at work all the time. :)

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:08 pm

michelew wrote:
... Because I've read too many fairy tails and seen too many Disney movies, at that moment a spirit rocker genie dude pops out and ... Yep you guessed it... Gives you three wishes.

Being a musical genie he will only grant music related wishes.

So what are you going to do with your 3 wishes?
Michele
... reminds me of a story where an adventurer came upon a miniscule genie, about an inch high, sitting at an equally tiny piano.

The adventurer got his first two wishes granted, and then, being clever, went for the whole deal ... he might be able to always have such a genie at his service ... but then things went very wrong.

His third wish was ... "I want to always have a tiny pianist like you".

... Sorry folks :side:

michelew

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:51 am

Snicker... Groan...

And we come fun circle to Scott's warning. Perhaps Alaskans have experience in that sort of trickery.

sbutler

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:15 am

(And we come fun circle to Scott's warning. Perhaps Alaskans have experience in that sort of trickery.)

Perhpas.......

dekotaj

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:29 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Haha, oh my gosh Cori, I gotta hand it to you, you're a very persistent man!! :laugh:

I've convinced myself that you've surely forgotten about it!.......but I should've known better... ;)

Tracy, Tracy....Tracy......hmmmm....thinking..

lueders wrote:
3.) For Vanessa B. to cover Tracy Chapman.
Hey Miss Vanessa while your thinking, check this out.

And as far as wishes my friends.I used them ALL up years ago.But those were some damn good wishes.

1)Find a life long Love!!( Lisa)28 years ago.

2)Great friends to share the good the bad and the ugly with.(Decades ago!)

3)Enough great music to make the world turn! (A life time of it)

Truly your friend!!
Kevin

Fred

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Interesting topic with great and inspiring dreams. Mine would be:

1) As a big fan of Elvis, I would want sit down with him and just talk music and listen firsthand of his career, influences, musicans he played with, etc. Having made my first trip to Graceland last year, I'd welcome the opportunity to hear him tell the stories.

2) Not that I don't like to practice playing, but I'd wish for the skills to play the guitar to be easier. Not that I want to be able to play leads like, say, Eddie Van Halen, but there are times I find myself saying things like - "I should be able to do play this song by now". Having better theory skills would not hurt either (can I make that wish 2a?)!

3) I would love to sit around and jam with anyone, individually or in a group (famous or not) on demand and not be constrained by time, work, distance, etc. Just to be able to play and listen I think would be blast.

Fred

Fred

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey Kevin, I did check it out, they're quite cool, great stuff, thanks! :)

dekotaj wrote:

Hey Miss Vanessa while your thinking, check this out.

ssnowberger

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Well as a big Elvis-fan as well I'd say: Amen! :)

Fred wrote:

1) As a big fan of Elvis, I would want sit down with him and just talk music and listen firsthand of his career, influences, musicans he played with, etc. Having made my first trip to Graceland last year, I'd welcome the opportunity to hear him tell the stories.

Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic