>> So reviews and a surprise coming

TGMatt

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 am

Hey all, I was chatting to Neil today and we have decided to get on some reviews soon..

So if you want to be considered for a review of your work, get them up in the student channel, and if you are yet to try this process, are new to TG or just taking your good ol time to get a video up, now is the time, seize the day , we would love to see some new folk post some videos for review along with some of the longer term members..

Also now we have posted the first surprise course in the Ukelele program, remember we are an acoustic guitar site primarily with the occasional gift for you, but I really wanted the Ukelele stuff up here for you instead of seperate for Target members as I kinda fell in love with the Uke concept very quickly.

We have a new secret project coming maybe as soon as next week to add some more diversity here for Target members only..so keep your eyes peeled and ears to the ground.

That's it for now, get those videos in..

Cheers

Matt

TGNesh

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Well I have to say that I'm quite pleased about that, since uploading videos in the reviews-channel, is indeed about asking for a review, that's what the channel is for...Although I'm very aware that it's an extra bonus wich TG provides and not something that we pay for. It's indeed something that makes TG different from áll the other guitarsites on the net. In other words, it's absolutely fantastic that it's there!

Therefor, I was quite surprised and in honest a bit dissapointed that there hasn't been ány review for over two months... :(

In short, I'll be very happy to see our guitar-master teaching us to be better guitarplayers again soon! :cheer:

Thanks Neil and Matt!

cheers

Vanessa

suziko

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:05 pm

I'll be happy to see student reviews back, too. We all learn a lot from them. And I'd love to get a review on Pearly Shells, since the Uke has been all the rage lately at TG. Fingers crossed!!

tovo

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Bonus or not, paid for or not, deserved or not, this feature is in my very humble opinion THE best one on this site. I echo the thoughts of Ness and Suzi. Completely understand that Neil is busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest but thanks for deciding to return some focus to reviews. Everyone (not just the uploader) gets so much value from them.

millponddave

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm glad to see the reviews returning soon. I really enjoy them and am trying to work up the nerve to post something.

Dave

Lavallee

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Dave, I think I can speak for everybody who posted: after the first post and you read the positive comments, you will wonder why you did not do it before.

Marc

millponddave

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Dave, I think I can speak for everybody who posted: after the first post and you read the positive comments, you will wonder why you did not do it before.

Marc
I'm sure that is true. this is a very supportive bunch of people here. Still a nerve racking thought. Thanks for the encouragement.

Dave

TGMatt

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Guys.., Vanessa, I am sorry your disappointed...

We havent done any for two months because we film them in batches, and as of two months ago we caught up, then asked for more on the forum, imbetween we decided to get the Ulelele course up on top of the normal lessons we release daily, so two lessons a say for last 2 weeks , and of course the normal flow of issues from a week away for Neil for SOftball and two 3 day weekends to support his kids, and Matts cancer support, so we have been (a) waiting for enough review so we can batch it, and (b) compensate by adding extra lessons above our cracking pace of 1 day and also editing and uploading gear reviews, vintage corner etc, so please don;t be disappointed, we know you love the reviews, and we will continue to do them when we can..

We simply cannot do everything all the time...

Thx for your patience

TGNeil

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi Gang,

A quick note on the reviews, and lack of them recently- Once we got caught up with them I got focused on a whole new set of goals for TG and as those evolved and got more complicated the reviews fell a bit far off the table. Time got away from me and now it is 2 months later... I think this time there will be better pacing with them and I will try to get to a couple a week rather than the last schedule of one a day. In today's News I mentioned that I will prioritize ones from first time uploaders but will get to as many as possible and try to make it a regular weekly thing for the foreseeable future.

Frankly, I enjoy doing them as well and sorry to have disappointed anyone.

Neil

suziko

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Matt and Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to explain why we haven't seen any reviews in a while. It's always good to get a glimpse behind the curtain to see how everything works and to understand everything it takes to keep the site running. Personally, I think one review per week is a great idea. More often and it's sometimes hard to keep up on watching them all. And like others, I really enjoy watching them, and I get so much useful information from each one.

I think we will all be happy to see reviews coming back, but I doubt I'm alone in saying that I think there's been some cool stuff offered this summer at TG. I am really looking forward to getting back to my uke once my daughter's summer break is over, and really jumping into all the new uke lessons. They look really interesting and fun.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic