>> Bruce Lee - one of my all time childhood heroes, his anniversary - The great philosopher

TGMatt

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:33 pm

"I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine."
— Bruce Lee

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
— Bruce Lee

"Be happy, but never satisfied."

111 people liked it
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
— Bruce Lee

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
— Bruce Lee

"The doubters siad,"Man can not fly,"The doers aid,"Maybe, but we'll try,"And finally soared in the morning glow While non-believersWatched from below."
— Bruce Lee

"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."
— Bruce Lee

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."
— Bruce Lee

"To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."
— Bruce Lee

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
— Bruce Lee

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times."
— Bruce Lee

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."
— Bruce Lee

"Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
— Bruce Lee (Tao of Jeet Kune Do)

"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done."
— Bruce Lee

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."
— Bruce Lee

"Not being tense but ready. Not thinking but not dreaming. Not being set but flexible. Liberation from the uneasy sense of confinement.
It is being wholly and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come."

"The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take its course, and your tools will strike at the right moment."
— Bruce Lee

"Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."
— Bruce Lee

"It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials."
— Bruce Lee

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
— Bruce Lee

"Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."
— Bruce Lee (Striking Thoughts: Bruce Lee's Wisdom for Daily Living)

"Time means a lot to me because you see I am also a learner and am often lost in the joy of forever developing."
— Bruce Lee

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
— Bruce Lee

"Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life! Do not be concerned with escaping safely- lay your life before him!!"

"Be self aware, rather than a repetitious robot"
— Bruce Lee

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind."
— Bruce Lee

"If you don't want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today."
— Bruce Lee

"Art calls for complete mastery of techniques, developed by reflection within the soul."
— Bruce Lee

"Boards don't hit back."
— Bruce Lee

"Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick."
— Bruce Lee

"If there is a God, he is within. You don't ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme."
— Bruce Lee

"To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to either spend or waste and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever."
— Bruce Lee

"The stillness in stillness is not the real stillness; only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm manifest."
— Bruce Lee

"The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a patter of systems."

"Now I see that I will never find the light Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself."
— Bruce Lee

"You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend."
— Bruce Lee

"Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student."
— Bruce Lee

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
— Bruce Lee

"A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence. "
— Bruce Lee

"Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality-in your own mind."
— Bruce Lee

"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water."
— Bruce Lee

"The spirit of the individual is determined by his dominating thought habits."
— Bruce Lee (Jeet Kune Do: Bruce Lee's Commentaries on the Martial Way)

"Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
— Bruce Lee

"Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there."

"If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo. "
— Bruce Lee

"water is fearless,you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup ,you put water into a teapot it becomes the teapot,water can flow drip ,creap,or crash!"
— Bruce Lee

"For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime."

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

"Using no way as a way, having no limitation as limitation."

"You cannot force the Now. — But can you neither condemn nor justify and yet be extraordinarily alive as you walk on? You can never invite the wind, but you must leave the window open.

. Image

. Image

. Image

TGMike

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I have his TAO of Jeet Kune Do book. It is really excellent. Not just how to fight but also some of his philosophy for life. Amazing man!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic