ARE WE BEING HACKED?

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:36 am

Hi Folks. Not for the first time I have a bogus internal mail from someone. But this time if I click on it I can't access the mail and I'm not sure what is then happening. I just get a blank screen and the computer keeps on churning away. I have no idea if we can be hacked or not but I thought I bring this to everyone's attention the quickest way possible as its the weekend and a support ticked my take longer. This is the message I received, and one else?:

RE:Second try: IMPORTANT Migration Status
richardjohn, Saturday, 30 July 2011 00:23

Maybe harmless but I thought it better to alert you all.
Chris

It is also causing my, you've got mail, notification to remain on even after I click on the mail.

abiliog

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:11 am

The same with me, exactly.
Only when I deleted the message everything is back to normal, I think,
Abilio

Lavallee

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Chris, I had the same (not the first time also). As Abilio mentioned just delete using the red button on the far right. E-Mail notification will go away as well.

Marc

dekotaj

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:26 am

I guess I should check the form before I check my mail.Got me to.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:11 am

It not the first one of these mails I have received but this was the first time that there was odd behaviour when I clicked on the mail.
TGMike: Can we install some fancy software which returns the mail to the idiot who sent it and re-align their DNA and turn them into toads or something? :-)

TGMike

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 am

I would like to do much worse to them. :angry: I'll have the secretive TGNaz look into this. I will also see what kind of safeguards we can put in place that doesn't ruin it for everyone else. Let's have a great weekend everyone and thanks for being here.

Mike

TGMatt

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Never click anyones links in message that you don't trust ever, even on here.....you get less crap here, because people have to manually join, and go through that effort, and we find them and boot them out forever, but just as a general rule never click a link, read the message sure, but don't click any links...other than that we will always have these morons creeping in , nowhere like a facebook or gmail or any other platform, there is nothing to see here anyway so it is a waste of time and resources for them ...

But reading a message does nothing, and there is no danger..just don't click a link that may be embedded ...

I may have Capta added b4 people can send a message..

I changed the headline so we don;t panic everyone...you are far more at risk everywhere else on the web...

Have a great weekend folks..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic