Best Headphones For Recording

dsmarion

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey all,

I want to start playing with multi-track recordings and need advice on what headphones you would recommend. Thanks in advance...

Scott

TGNeil

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Scott,

Well I've done my share of recording, I'd definitely go for the Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro (250 ohm), very good and very affordable.

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah ... 0-pro.html

Ness

dsmarion

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks for your reply. What I want to use them with is a 4-track pocket studio that says this:

PHONES/LINE OUT : 3.5mm stereo mini- phone jack
At the time of line connection
Normal output level : - 16dBV
Installed capacity level: 0dBV
At the time of headphone connection :
Installed capacity : 15mW 15mW (32 Ohms)

So does that mean I should be using headphones with 32 Ohms impedance (the one you suggested is 250 Ohms). I am a bit confused as to what to look for LOL

This is the unit: http://tascam.com/product/dp-004/

Scott

suziko

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Oh gosh, I'm sorry Scott, I forgot to reply.....but in honest, I don't really know. And whát I know, I actually don't know how to express in english.

However, there are of course different Beyer-headphones, for instance 80 ohm or 250 ohm...it depends on the .....uh....there you go, my english is failing.... :blink: :dry: :(

Anyway, have you looked around some more? What did you bump into?

I'm actually surprised, there are some folks around here who are very into this stuff....but not chiming in....hmmm... :(

dsmarion

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks Ness - yeah they're pretty quiet. For the time being I borrowed some cheap ones from a friend. But this multi-track I am using is very tiny and maybe equivilant to an mp3 player (it does a lot more and has CD quality but in terms of headphones the line out is 32 ohms. So from what I have read so far that type of application is usually something under 100 ohms. So those 80 ohms ones may be the way to go. Thanks as always...

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic