I'm lusting for women!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Haha, well actually I don't have grass in my garden! :laugh:

However, if I could play that song, I mean the way that hé plays it, wich is really with a jazz-swing-feel to it, more coloured chords and so on, I'd be very happy to share it with you....but unfortunately... :(

From Israel? Haha! :laugh: Actually I do kinda understand, she doesn't look particularly dutch as well, but she really is. However, I agree, she is wáy bigger than Holland's best female-vocalist, gosh whát a voice!

;)

Ness

dekotaj wrote:
Ness. RAVEL girl!!

I'm not for sure were I found her (Trijntje Oosterhuis)I was sure I heard some on this site say something.But when I seen her play was in love.And the dude playing the guitar OMG is right.If by chances you no this song and teach it to me I will come over and mow you grass....

Kevin.
And Ness,By the way this old country boy heard her native language.I thought she was from Israel.SORRY I don't get out of Illinois much.You say she is one of the best in Holland.In my book one of the best in the world.I hope to catch them in concert someday.

willem

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:35 pm

So the list is growing,,many of my related friends are women and it cost so much trouble to let them sing on our male songs,,so i hope there will be many many female song lesson,,wel they only sing(the friends) so there's alway's some guitar work to do i hope...comon girls...

Oh are there any duets on the list???

beaker

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:54 pm

I have been playing a couple of Joni Mitchell songs..... Coyote and This Flight Tonight. They are pretty cool. They are not too hard if you are comfortable with alternate tunings. I recommend to others to seek these songs out (they can be found out there online) and give them a shot. It is worth it.

I had an idea though, of something that Neil could teach us. Neil, can you teach us guitar arrangements of some of Joni's dulcimer tunes? Like California or Case of You?

That would be pretty cool. Thanks Neil, Beaker.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/component ... s/w00t.png

lobbygow

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:52 am

Awomen!

Here's my top of the head list:

More Lucinda Williams
Emmylou Harris
Kate & Anna McGarrigle
Rory Block
Beth Orton
Madeleine Peyroux
Linda Thompson
Odetta
The list goes on...
:woohoo:

dekotaj

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:36 am

OK got to add one more.Watching you-tube tonight.AND

Two Songs played by Elizabeth Cotten

Kevin

ncsurfer

Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:50 pm

I saw these two ladies locally and was blown away, especially by Ruthie Foster. What a powerful voice and excellent guitar player! I wish they would come back to play here again.

Ruthie Foster

[video][/video]

Tift Merritt

[video][/video]

cosmicmechanic

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:10 pm

ncsurfer wrote:
I saw these two ladies locally and was blown away ...
I'd never heard of Tift Merritt ... looked her up because of this thread. The first tune in the following video really impressed me.

dekotaj

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:25 am

Hey Cosmic-Did the same thing and liked this one.

totsyboy

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 am

Browsing through this thread I was amazed that there was not one mention of this lady - stellar songwriter with a powerful and haunting voice:

example1

example2

ncsurfer

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:17 pm

If I had known her, I surely would have! ;)

I do now, enjoyed her performance very much, thanks! (the other one doesn't seem to work, I'll look it up though.)

Ness

totsyboy wrote:
Browsing through this thread I was amazed that there was not one mention of this lady - stellar songwriter with a powerful and haunting voice:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic