nobody loves Irene !!!

willem

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:47 am

Hope everything is allright out there and that that nasty Irene left the building for you,,we don't have that kind of storms here in the Dutch,,we have strong winds and that i hate but it is nothing like dealing with a hurricane,so i hope you are well ???

Willem

jayswett

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:57 am

She is starting to make her way through my current location, which is western Maine, and so far we are experiencing just some heavy rain. She is now a tropical storm and will hopefully peter out fairly quickly.

daryl

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 am

Four inches of rain so far today in southern Vermont. Strong winds but nothing terrible (yet). We still have power.

tom18

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Willem,
Thanks for your expression of concern. I live in New Jersey which was pretty severely impacted. I'm in western Massachusetts right now at the house my father lived in until he passed away (mine now). I've been told by friends that there are two trees lying on the side of my house in New Jersey and the electrical power is off. This part of western Massachusetts didn't have as much tree damage but the flooding is horrendous and some bridges are out. I can't go home right away because many roads are closed. It's a bit of a mess. Best wishes to our friends north of here for their safety as Irene dissipates.

Anyone remember these lyrics from the musical My Fair Lady?

"In Hartford, Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly happen...."

I'm ready to move to one of those places!

Tom

tom18

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Willem,
Thanks for your expression of concern. I live in New Jersey which was pretty severely impacted. I'm in western Massachusetts right now at the house my father lived in until he passed away (mine now). I've been told by friends that there are two trees lying on the side of my house in New Jersey and the electrical power is off. This part of western Massachusetts didn't have as much tree damage but the flooding is horrendous and some bridges are out. I can't go home right away because many roads are closed. It's a bit of a mess. Best wishes to our friends north of here for their safety as Irene dissipates.

Anyone remember these lyrics from the musical My Fair Lady?

"In Hartford, Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly happen...."

I'm ready to move to one of those places!

Tom

tovo

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Hoping that all my TG friends and their families stay safe, and of course everyone else!

dsmarion

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Hoping everyone in the northeast is safe. The videos look like some areas took a hit broadside. Vermont floods look unbelieveable.

Scott

BobR

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:34 am

Well Irene is over for me as far as the weather, but I don't have any power and they don't expect to have it up for several days. I guess that is OK because on my way to work today I saw two houses completely destroyed by HUGE trees that were just up rooted.

Unfortunately I can't do much TG online at work so I hope several days means I have power tonight when I get home.

Bob

dsmarion

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Sorry to hear, Bob. But (as my grandmother would say) count your blessings. There are some towns that have been all but washed away.

Scott

wrench

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:12 pm

I don't regard myself as a lucky person - until yesterday. My neighbors all took heavy damage, and my house is nearly the only with power for miles. My house is full of my daughter's friends whose houses are under water. The extent of my damage is a yard full of leaves and no cable for 30 hours. Suddenly I feel lucky.

I hope Bob and Tom and all TG'ers affected by the storm fare well. Willem, thank you for your concern, my friend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic