United Airlines breaks guitars

dennisg

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 pm

This funny (and tragic) music video recounts the destruction of a Taylor guitar by careless United Airlines baggage handlers. Even worse is that United refused to do anything about replacing the guy's guitar -- that is, until his music video received over 10 million hits on YouTube.

Yeah, this video has been around for well over a year now, but it's worth watching again for the humor, the music, and the cringe factor. Enjoy.

millponddave

Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Oh gosh how terrible :ohmy: ! And what a fantastic video, great song, great lyrics, great voice! :laugh: :laugh: Payback time!!

Thanks Den, indeed for the laugh and the music and the cringe factor! :ohmy: :S :laugh: :lol:

Ness

millponddave

Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Yeah, Great video. I've had my own issues with United before.

Dave

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Yeah, this was great!
Don't get mad, get even!
Really well done song too.

AndyT

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 am

As I recall, Bob Taylor gave him 2 replacement guitars free just to help make up for his pain and suffering.
United even offered him some free trips after the video hit the internet. But hello... Like he really wants to fly with a bunch of guitar murdering cretins.

Even Neil had qualms about flying shortly after this happened. He kept us updated on his progress here in the forum.

AndyT

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:33 am

Oh yeah, the songs in D but capo 2 like Dave did and play it in C. LOL

tombo1230

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:22 am

I've seen this video a while ago. Good on the guy for writing the song and exposing this airline for it's lack of care or customer service. Obviously this is the way to deal with them. Wonder if I can do one that covers: 'B&Q sold me a duff lawnmower?'. :laugh: :laugh: :P

Tom N.

wrench

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 pm

andyt wrote:
Oh yeah, the songs in D but capo 2 like Dave did and play it in C. LOL
Did he play capo 2 because everything north of that was broken off? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Breaking guitars might be a hobby of some airlines. See this article. http://www.highrivertimes.com/ArticleDi ... chive=true

The article mentions two guitars, a Stonebridge, and another. As I recall from when this happened in 2009, the "other" guitar was also a Taylor.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic