>> Shoes to play guitar in..

TGMatt

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:00 pm

I know, this is off topic...but these are so cool I had to share, for folks of my generation at least this movie and it's star were an epic part of our lives along with Star Wars and Indy Jones..

Some of you know that I am a sucker for a good cause too, so this was a no brainer for me, I just got notification I won a pair after 5 pairs I bid on were stolen from me, finally on the 6th pair ...I am now the proud owner of 150 special editions from Nike...on the 6th attempt so without further ado here are in my opinion the best shoes to play guitar in...

TGMatt

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:16 am

After some discussion with Neil today...we decided on Neil's "back to the future" attire of choice..

. Image

willem

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:10 am

Not for sale Matt and no battery's needed Image

daryl

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 am

So this calls for a music video from Matt with the new shoes!

frybaby

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 am

Some call them thongs; I go back to the day when they were first introduced as FLIP-FLOPS. Plus there are other items on the market so named, which make me hesitate to say I wear THONGS.
As I was saying….FLIP –FLOPS ,so called because of the noise they make when one walks in them.
FLIP-FLOPS are the best shoes to wear when playing guitar, IMHO.
Why you ask?
Because, when manipulated correctly by the foot the act like a metronome, and provide a nice back beat.
That all.
Frybaby

lueders

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 am

Oh Man!... I want a pair of those sweet babies! ....fire up the De Lorean, & cue Huey Lewis's "Power of Love"!!!
I'm with ya Matt these movies are big part of my younger days too...good times! And this is quite the worthy cause!

I wish Mattel would join this worthy crusade against Parkinson's disease by auctioning off "Hoverboards!" LOL!

Cori

AndyT

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:36 pm

frybaby wrote:
Some call them thongs; I go back to the day when they were first introduced as FLIP-FLOPS. Plus there are other items on the market so named, which make me hesitate to say I wear THONGS.
As I was saying….FLIP –FLOPS ,so called because of the noise they make when one walks in them.
FLIP-FLOPS are the best shoes to wear when playing guitar, IMHO.
Why you ask?
Because, when manipulated correctly by the foot the act like a metronome, and provide a nice back beat.
That all.
Frybaby
Too funny. In Hawaii the term 'Flip-Flop' is a rude name for Filipinos. LOL We just call them 'Slippahs'
Or 'Rubba Slippah' if you need to be formal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic