>> Mick Jagger playing the guitar ??...Super Heavy ...Had to share..

TGMatt

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:11 pm

SuperHeavy is a rock supergroup consisting of Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, Damian Marley, and A. R. Rahman. Stone and Stewart have collaborated in the past with Jagger. Jagger said of the band, "We wanted a convergence of different musical styles... We were always overlapping styles, but they were nevertheless separate".[1] Jagger wanted SuperHeavy to showcase different musical styles, with music ranging from reggae to ballads to Indian genre.[2]

millponddave

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Matt,
Really cool. Thanks for sharing. TG continues to open new musical horizons for me.

Dave

BobR

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Hey Matt ,

This is only the second time I've ever seen Mick Jagger with a guitar. The song was pretty cool too !!!

Thanks for sharing it

Bob

unclewalt

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Mick's played guitar lots of times, and indeed has been lauded for his talent on the instrument. Most of his live playing with the Stones has come in later years. I think he's also played a bit on some studio recordings.

tovo

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:33 am

unclewalt wrote:
Mick's played guitar lots of times, and indeed has been lauded for his talent on the instrument. Most of his live playing with the Stones has come in later years. I think he's also played a bit on some studio recordings.
I've learned something as well as very much enjoying the videos. Thanks to all.

jimlard

Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:45 am

I can't believe how much energy Mick Jagger has, he must be nearly 70. I'm sure he is Cliff Richards alter ego :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic