What's the best way to keep space junk from hitting your guitar?

heatndude

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 am

Hello fellow TG-ers. I am back from the wilderness of Iowa. (Yes, I got lost in a corn patch!)

Anyway...........

As you know, space junk is due to fall tomorrow and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas how to keep it from falling on your guitar?

Could we post some ideas?

Samster

willem

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 am

I think when they know where it will come down they blow the sirene so you can run or hide,, i wonder i must stay awake??? how big are those things???

dennisg

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:59 am

I'm constructing a 1950s-era fallout shelter made from all the sheets of tablature I've downloaded, tried to play, then given up on. You'd be amazed how that stuff adds up.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:43 am

Duck and cover and take your guitar with you! Works for nuclear attacks, doesn't it?

Or maybe by creating enough sound waves of a rocking sine (Sweet Home Alabama, We Won't Get Fooled Again etc.), it will deflect any falling debris.

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:55 am

dennisg wrote:
I'm constructing a 1950s-era fallout shelter made from all the sheets of tablature I've downloaded, tried to play, then given up on. You'd be amazed how that stuff adds up.
LOL Dennis...... My binders of said tablature are quite in need of weeding through these days..... :laugh:

MJ

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:56 am

I just heard the pieces will be from 10 to 300 pounds.

Yes, a bunker of downloaded music could work. I'm now looking at my collection of National Geographic mags.

Duck and cover? Hmmm......Perhaps I should go back to my old grade school and get under my old desk. They said it would work then. But then Buffet said something like "kiss you a$$ goodbye", didn't he?

Hydroman52

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Don't worry, I just spent the last couple of days repairing my well. It will hit there for sure. Every other place on Earth will be safe.

Hydroman52

Note: I'll try to get a video if I'm outside when it happens.

tovo

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Well we should be safe from space junk down under this time, but it has fallen here before so I need a plan anyway.

I am going to start a cult that worships the acoustic guitar. Each day, about the time space junk is scheduled to fall, I will have them gather around my Taylor and bow in worship of it. Then if space junk falls my guitar will be protected by my disciples. Suckers!!!

cosmicmechanic

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:19 pm

I propose a solution for avoiding this problem altogether in the future:

Since orbiting objects are future "space junk", when they are launched they should be under obligation to carry a substantial number of guitars distributed within their cargo.

In this way, a lot of future space junk will be guitars ... end of problem ?

AcousticAl

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:13 am

Brilliant ideas, people. Great "raining guitars" graphics!

Sorry to hear of the well, but I'm relieved.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic