>> We are making some front page changes..Dont Panic !...

Hydroman52

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:44 am

skaladar wrote:
You can add me to the list of those who aren’t thrilled with an autoplay video on the home page.
I'm guessing that you spend most of your time at this site in the Forum or Lesson section. From your post, it looks like you go to the TG Home page first and then navigate to other parts of the site from there. If you set up a Bookmark shortcut in Firefox to go directly to the Forum or Lesson area, you should not see the autoplay video. The problem that I see is that whenever I log into my account, I am automatically directed to the TG Home page and then the autoplay video starts rolling before I can kill it. So, I would much rather be redirected back to the page that I was viewing whenever I log in. If that isn't possible, then I would rather be redirected to the Recent Discussions page and not the home page. That would solve two problems for me; I would not have to endure the annoying repetition of the video and I would be at a location that is more productive for me.

On another note, if I were a newcomer to the site, I would welcome the video explaining about the site. I would guess that anyone who has an account here (free or TARGET) probably doesn't need to see the video anymore. They've already got the message.

A good comment . . . . I do like the drop-down menus at the top of the page much better than the links on the left. It makes a much cleaner and more comprehensive format in my opinion.

It was also a great move when the advertisements for song packages was removed from the TARGET members pages. Things do improve!

Hydroman52

One more thing, when I "Preview" my posts before submitting, I get the autoplay video. Just thought I'd mention that if you want to know how to avoid it whenever possible.

dekotaj

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Nope, you're definitely not the only one. It annoyed me at TV already, so got the volume turned off on both sites now...

And indeed, like Hydroman, when previewing my posts, I get part of the homepage with again the autoplay-video. :S

suziko wrote:
Just my 2cents: I really wish that you didn't add the autoplay video to the homepage of TG. It annoyed me on Totally Vocals and I was so happy that we didn't have that on TG. Very, very sad to see it over here. Every time I come to the site, the video starts up. I try to make sure I have my volume off, but of course I don't always, and that can be startling if I'm in a quiet room, trying to inconspicuously check into the site. To me, it's on par with being on a website and having a pop-up that has sound suddenly appear. It feels very intrusive.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I really hope you'd consider taking away the autoplay.

With all due respect,

Suzi

sbutler

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:41 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Nope, you're definitely not the only one. It annoyed me at TV already, so got the volume turned off on both sites now...

And indeed, like Hydroman, when previewing my posts, I get part of the homepage with again the autoplay-video. :S

suziko wrote:
Just my 2cents: I really wish that you didn't add the autoplay video to the homepage of TG. It annoyed me on Totally Vocals and I was so happy that we didn't have that on TG. Very, very sad to see it over here. Every time I come to the site, the video starts up. I try to make sure I have my volume off, but of course I don't always, and that can be startling if I'm in a quiet room, trying to inconspicuously check into the site. To me, it's on par with being on a website and having a pop-up that has sound suddenly appear. It feels very intrusive.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I really hope you'd consider taking away the autoplay.

With all due respect,

Suzi

I did watch the auto vid front to back the first time I saw it, from that point on, its become a pain. For the next 3 weeks, my alarm clock will go off at 1am for the first flight of the day. I ususally get on the computer to check the weather were I'm going, and then log on to TG to see what happened while I was asleep. If I don't have the volume turned all the way down when the auto video starts up, I'll hear about it from the two that are sleeping. I don't think the target members need any more of a pitch to get us to join. We are already here.

REspectfully,
Scott

willem

Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:53 pm

I see were the problem is and you don't want any noice when you go to TG,,well i have always my headphone plugged in(not in my ears yet)and then you don't have to put the volume down yet..oh i can imagine they want it that way,,i could go furter on this but thats all bla bla

tovo

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Absolutely agree with Suzi and others regarding the autoplay video. It's a real simple fix to change it to one that new users choose to click on so I hope that happens.

thereshopeyet

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanks

TGMatt

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Both sites I had already instructed to have this change..probably b4 end of weekend..

And folks..were still building...so give us some time.

stratman3

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 am

I have to agree

Gary B)

suziko

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:17 am

Yeah!! Thanks for disabling autoplay!! So much more pleasant.

Suzi

haoli25

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:32 pm

I like the new Main Screen, Matt. :) :) :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic