How we think in Wisconsin (USA)

Hydroman52

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

I came across this in my constant search for a cure for “plumber’s crack”. Not that I am afflicted, but I have a number of acquaintances who have suffered from this socially distressing behavior. So here is the brainstorming session that came up with the brilliant solution:

[video][/video]

And here is the solution itself:

[video][/video]

And, just when I thought it was only an issue that the male of the species had to deal with, new information (just in) reveals that this travesty has jumped the gender barrier:

[video][/video]

Sorry for all the “toilet” humor (I’m not usually like this . . . too much coffee?), but I truly think that those who suffer owe it to themselves (and others in the room) to crawl out from under their kitchen sink and deal with this problem.

Honestly, Duluth Trading (Belleville, WI) has one of the better ad campaigns that I have seen in a while (be sure to check out their Ballroom Jeans and other animated video ads). I think it runs neck and neck with those Trunk Monkey ads from the northwest:

Trunk Monkey here to help

I had a little trouble viewing the videos at that site, so here is another:

Trunk Monkey - out of the trunk and in the open

I have one other word of advice . . . . . . if you don’t find this stuff funny, don’t move to Wisconsin! We probably don’t want you here . . . . ya, hey . . . . you betcha!

Hydroman52

dsmarion

Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:53 pm

These are very clever - and too funny! Their whole line of products have spots in the same format as these, you'll find 'em on youtube if you look. I liked the Ballroom Jeans spot.

Scott

heatndude

Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Well Rick,

I work in the trades here in the great Cheese State I can say that IHAVE NEVER SEEN A PLUMBER THAT LOOKS LIKE HER !!!!!!

Funny stuff, maybe we are locked indoors too long in Wisconsin. We drink beer, eat fried cheese and talk about plumbers butt (sounds like a good night)

Mark

tovo

Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Plumber's crack is big in Australia. You can't be a tradesman and particularly a plumber without showing a fair bit of crack to your clients.

michelew

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Well there is the counter argument that those with plumbers' crack are really just providing a community service.

Let's face it, there really aren't enough places to park a bicycle.

BobR

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Very funny. :silly: :silly: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:24 am

Too funny Hydro!
My cleaning lady turned up once with her 18 year old daughter to help her and she must have been in some kind of plumber's training class AND showing way too much cleavage... I didn't know where to look! :blush:

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:23 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Too funny Hydro!
My cleaning lady turned up once with her 18 year old daughter to help her and she must have been in some kind of plumber's training class AND showing way too much cleavage... I didn't know where to look! :blush:
This song came to mind...

Not that I'm implying anything :laugh:

MarkM

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 pm

michelew wrote:
Well there is the counter argument that those with plumbers' crack are really just providing a community service.

Let's face it, there really aren't enough places to park a bicycle.

Now that was funny!!! You made me laugh out loud here in my home office Michele........ Freaking classic...

MarkM

michelew

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:28 am

Ahhhh... :) glad to be of service Mark.

I blame Hyrdro for the inspiration.

I've actually found that it's safest for my keyboard to avoid drinking beverages while reading the forum. I've almost showered my computer in tea a few times. Usual suspects...

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic