M.I.A.

AcousticAl

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:46 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wooha Cory, now yer askin'!

We'll need to crack open a few beers first..... well there were originally Karma Points which you could award folks for good posts or helpfulness and Al was stacking them up as he was so helpful ... but then some joker started giving negative points and upsetting people so admin decided to remove that feature... so we just adhoc granted people Pizza and Pizza Points as a replacement... not sure who started that one first....

...and I was just getting ready to redeem those karma-points for something really cool!! Then.. POOF!!

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:23 am

suziko wrote:
Part of me feels just like Wrench, that things "aren't what they used to be." But then I think about the fact then when I first joined the site, some of my favorite people weren't even here yet, like Nessa and Cori and Stuart. And I'm sure I'm missing plenty more! And I now can't imagine TG without them.

The forum has changed over time, for sure, and there are things I like better and things I like less. But something keeps drawing me back here on a daily basis. And I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Suzi
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

BigBear

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... of course, the Pirates were thread pirates who would often take things off-topic and around the houses a few times.... can't remember who'd do a thing like that! :blush: :laugh: eh Chas, Bill, Andy, Bear, Joe ...?

Hijacking threads was truly an art form back then!! Back when there were about 10 of us total TGer's and we scrounged around for things to talk about! LOL! Those were the days! We could even talk about politics or religion without someone's underwear getting into a giant wad. :cheer:

BigBear

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:31 am

Chasplaya wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
... of course, the Pirates were thread pirates who would often take things off-topic and around the houses a few times.... can't remember who'd do a thing like that! :blush: :laugh: eh Chas, Bill, Andy, Bear, Joe ...?
Might also add Chris to this one!

I recall that Chris, who was a newbie then, became the Pirate Master and we were all his servants!! But truth be told, I jack'd a thread or two me self!! Never on purpose mind you!

We used to drive poor Matt nuts jumping all over while he was trying to build a useful forum that normal people would participate in. But we weren't having any of that non-sense! Matt must have thought he was herding cats, I'm told a common form of entertainment Down Under!! :silly:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:30 pm

I reckon Bill Marc and Tony are out having more than a few beers... all been suspiciously quiet recently....

wrench

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:46 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I reckon Bill Marc and Tony are out having more than a few beers... all been suspiciously quiet recently....
Marc and Tony are likely to be hoisting a pint at some TGer's house as we speak. Bill, though? I assume you mean Bill "I'm never gonna post a video" haoli25? That is one no-postin'-son-of-of-a-gun. Maybe Marc and Tony are at his house.

We'll probably find out one day Bill is really The Edge or somebody.

dsmarion

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:36 pm

I suspect Tony is working on something that will be brilliant when he decides he is ready to post. Just a hunch.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 am

Yes THAT Bill Dan ;-)... he's really the Wichita Lineman...

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Well I must say that it is fun to read about the good old days, since I wasn't around back then. Sounds like it has been much fun!! ;)

sws626

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:08 am

I've been away for ages -- work, travel, family, motorcycles, etc. But miss your company and will try to spend more time here over the coming holiday season, when I hope to have some free time.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic