M.I.A.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Wooha Cory, now yer askin'!

We'll need to crack open a few beers first..... well there were originally Karma Points which you could award folks for good posts or helpfulness and Al was stacking them up as he was so helpful ... but then some joker started giving negative points and upsetting people so admin decided to remove that feature... so we just adhoc granted people Pizza and Pizza Points as a replacement... not sure who started that one first....

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:59 pm

lueders wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
wrench wrote:
[quote

Chris starts some very meaningful and thought-provoking threads, and this one is right up there.

Great thread, Chris!
I'll second that! A few names cropping up that I'd forgotten. Don't know about losing its mojo, the site is getting bigger more new members who may not be aware of the cooky things we used to get up to e.g Muppets, pirates etc.
OKay, Founding members...Muppets? Pirates? I admit, I'm lost...that must 've been WELL before I found my way into the candy store. Anyways, Good "karma" on you and plenty of "pizza points" if you would be so kind as to explain it....[/quote]

Lol, At one time we all had Muppet profile avatars, then we had Pirate ones and started talking like well... Pirates. Karma that used to be a point system you could award fellow members, trouble is it had a negative points thing as well so some members abused that and gave out too many negatives, so it got dumped and someone started off awarding Pizza's to good threads comments etc, then it changed to awarding Pizza points, which were always positive and upsized!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 pm

... of course, the Pirates were thread pirates who would often take things off-topic and around the houses a few times.... can't remember who'd do a thing like that! :blush: :laugh: eh Chas, Bill, Andy, Bear, Joe ...?

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... of course, the Pirates were thread pirates who would often take things off-topic and around the houses a few times.... can't remember who'd do a thing like that! :blush: :laugh: eh Chas, Bill, Andy, Bear, Joe ...?
Might also add Chris to this one!

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Pizza points... I've a feeling that may have been Michele who started that. Hey noticed Tovo aka Tony the Hoff has gone quiet of late?

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 pm

I guess Tony must be having an extended Beer with Bill who I know is out on the road sooooo much that he hardly gets a mo to catch his breath.

willem

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:16 pm

whats up with Tammy,,i see her traveling between TG and TV,,but she is very quiet

lueders

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Yarrrr!, Scurvy- dog Yee 'ed be a' walkin the plank for sendin' bad karma me way...sorry I couldn't resist! LOL! :laugh:

Thanks for the explanation(s) fellas...I appreciate it!
And before I forget Chris, very nice MIA post here...at least it was before I sorta hijacked with my questions... like some kinda pirate!

I think I would have enjoyed that era...I would have wanted to be "Gonzo" dressed as a Pirate...

Sounds like an interesting era...I can see how both systems would have undoubtedly had their idiosyncracies. :(

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Cori, you can join the Pirtes here: http://www.totallyguitars.com/allcommun ... sland.html
Get yerself an education! ;-) Image

suziko

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Part of me feels just like Wrench, that things "aren't what they used to be." But then I think about the fact then when I first joined the site, some of my favorite people weren't even here yet, like Nessa and Cori and Stuart. And I'm sure I'm missing plenty more! And I now can't imagine TG without them.

The forum has changed over time, for sure, and there are things I like better and things I like less. But something keeps drawing me back here on a daily basis. And I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic