M.I.A.

AndyT

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:53 am

Never did I lead a thread astray, yet Chas and Bear did everyday. Along came Chris and and he refused to discuss this, rather that. Strange I think each muppets donned a hat. Now we've aged and the keg's been tapped, it's a good thing our fingers aren't sapped. The silly cat may rhyme whilst I rake, but beware the pirates of TG's fate.

MIA? I'm not missing, just insanely busy these days. I hardly ever have time to get online anymore. Not to mention, I slacked in the posting contest and let Chas win. It's not easy to keep up with someone that has a thesaurus fetish... LOL

Although, I still claim to be the first person to hit double digit negative karma. LMBO

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 am

Great to have Bill back marauding the forum!

lueders

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 am

Ya know... I hope there is nothing to this & there probably isn't....(he's probably just busy or whatever)

But we haven't seen too much of the T.G. world-traveler Marc Lavallee of late. Wonder what he's up to.

The Snipehunter has been M.I.A. too I believe.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Heard from Marc today and he is just taking a little time out for work and stuff... he'll be back before long....

lueders

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:06 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Heard from Marc today and he is just taking a little time out for work and stuff... he'll be back before long....
Ahh! Very good! Thanks for the update. That'll be good to have him back.

heyjoe

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:06 am

Hi all

To answer your question Chris, I've been lurking in the background occasionally, like a lot of people do, just keeping up to date with whats happening. I still watch out for the muppets/pirates and other associated thread jackers!

Life away from TG has been erm..challenging shall we say. I got a job late 2010, my health deteriorated so I had to leave it mid 2011, which was unfortunate. Health still isnt right, I'm on more medication for depression, anxiety etc, and seeing a Community Psychiatric Nurse to try and sort my mind out. Things havent been easy for a while, but hopefully they are getting better, 1 day at a time.

My guitar practise is either all or nothing over the past few months- I'm either playing every day or nothing at all. When I do play I'm trying to learn alternating bass lines, moving bass lines/runs, fingerpicking patterns, on beat hammer-ons etc etc with the intention of eventually being able to play chet atkins style songs.

I've also been trying ( very very slowly) to learn how to play ragtime music. I had the chance recently to hear an Album by Joshua Rifkin called Scott Joplin: Piano Rags. I thought it was brilliant. So I've been looking round at the techniques needed to play it on guitar, they are challenging, and fun.

I'm really enjoying my photography as well, I havent been out much recently, but when I do, I enjoy it.

Mrs Joe is keeping happy and healthy, when shes not working, shes looking after me and our new dog Oscar- he's an 11 month old Golden retriever. We rescued him 2 months ago and he's fantastic.

Heres a link to a picture of Oscar

http://flic.kr/p/anpUw6

I'm also doing No shave November to support Macmillan Cancer Support. My aunt died of cancer 10 years ago and I'm raising money in her honour- she spent time with the Macmillan nurses before she died and they were great with her. To have a laugh at my dodgy beard, and to donate to a great cause please visit

http://www.justgiving.com/Joe-Smart

So, like everyone else, life has been full of ups and downs since I last posted on here. Playing guitar relaxes and challenges me, it always will, that one of the reasons I continue to lurk here, its a fun place to be.

Hope everyone enjoys themselves, and stays happy, healthy, and positive.

Joe

Music Junkie

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:23 am

Joe:

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the health problems... :( I hope you are finding time to do a little photography still..... Your pics were always very interesting and beautiful. One day at a time is all we can ask for sometimes. Say hey to Mrs. Joe and Oscar.... :)

MJ

AndyT

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:04 pm

I saw Izzy posting on FB a few days ago. I sent her a message but haven't heard back yet.

Joe,
I know how it can get. If you need to chat or anything, let me know. Any way I can help out.
Good to see you man.

eagle670

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Ahh yes the good old days I remember well. I don't think there was a day that went by that I didn't check the forum for what was going on. Most of the talk back then was responses to Niel and Matt's questions on what we wanted to see on the site, wow did they over deliver. I feel proud to say that I enjoyed playing a small part in the development of the site. I am truly amazed everytime I log in. Back then I think that I knew everyone on the site and really feel like in some way we all have a special bond.

I don't get on the forum much anymore, it got to where there was some real nasty stuff going on in the forum and you really had to be careful about what you said so as to not offend anyone. I am still here though, I pm some of you once in while to see what's going on. Thanks for the shout. Hope everyone has a happy holiday season.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey Joe, good to hear from you and I'm sorry to hear you had to let your job go... I know how pleased you were to be back working.
Day to day is the best we can do, I hope you can string a more good ones than bad together. Greetings to the missus and keep on trucking!

Kevin, good to hear your here. I can't remember the last time there was a altercation on the forums (except for when I got toasted for poking the Bandshees with a stick a while back ;-) ) so it's safe to come out and play these days!

Great to see this thread get the sort of response I was hoping for.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic