You' ve Finally Made It To The Big Time

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Well use your imagination here, you've finally made it as a singer songwriter guitarist.... And your agent advises you need a stage name as believe it or not (Ripleys moment) your name has already been used..

So what stage name would you pick?

Got the idea from another thread about Dents on Frets and the name Denson Frets came up lol

So imaginative thinking caps team and whats your stage name gonna be?

willem

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Wil Minor

dennisg

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:59 pm

Buck Näked

wrench

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 pm

I should have thought about this a couple of months ago.

As I heard after my first open mic, "Why did you use your real name?"

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 pm

I'd have to go for the best of the various nick-names I earned as a youngster... Hasbin (yeah I know, so close to Fred's). I was given it on my first trip to the US as a camp counsellor at Camp Choconut, PA ... by Jody, the nurse from Utah, as it rhymed (sort of/sort of not) with my sir-name (yes we British have them instead of last names .. in case the Queen needs to Knight us... in white satin bwuhahaha!). "Hey Hasbin" was the call I answered to for 2 glorious months way back in the Bicentennial year... maybe it finally suits me!! :woohoo:

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Well I guess since I started this thread I should put up my tuppence worth. In my early days I was involved in 3 bands, Dead August, Scotch Mist and Static Sin. But we never had individual names. So I might have to use something akin to one of my favourite tipples... Glen More

lueders

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:26 pm

I've always been a dreamer and full of a lot of goofy ideas that don't go any where... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"TOILET WATER LILIES"-

Back in high school I had this scheme for a punk-ish/garage band. To call ourselves a band would be more than generous.
I think I could play about four or five songs back then..just clowned around with power chords and a lot of ideas but no technique or knowledge whatsoever. Our lead guitarist, was my good friend & he got his limited knowledge and chops from his older brother who taught him the wrong way to play virtually every song ever written from : "Taking Care of Business" to "Roadhouse Blues"Our vocalist was a girl who wrote REALLY, REALLY downer poetry and did a lot of off-key yelling!
Anyways, I went so far as to design & have band shirts printed out. I remember The letters were written in what looked like green slime. And the "Toilet-water-lily" looked like some cartoon-ish mutant venus- flytrap from hell! (Think little shop of horrors on PCP!)

"Milk of Amnesia" (M.O.A.)

Fast forward ten years or so...my good friend and I found ourselves back home working summer jobs.
Once again we were back in the garage... This time it was just a project of me and my best good buddy spazzing out with an electric guitar and a trumpet! LOL! It involved a lot of bad spoken word stuff ... straight from my many notebooks. Man that stuff was dark! We both had Art degrees so this time the cover art(large housefly) was a snap! LOL! Infact we had that and the concept before we had any music/noise! The name was a play on the words: Milk of Magnesia which is a type of laxative. We almost named the project: "Accordions Underwater" to describe our less than melodic sound. M.O.A. won out.

suziko

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:55 pm

I was recently toying with the idea of joining our local roller derby team and I thought (if it wasn't already taken) that my name could be "Sugar Smacks." I like it cos it's sweet and tough, which I think fits me well enough! So, that can be my stage name!

lueders

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:10 pm

suziko wrote:
I was recently toying with the idea of joining our local roller derby team and I thought (if it wasn't already taken) that my name could be "Sugar Smacks." I like it cos it's sweet and tough, which I think fits me well enough! So, that can be my stage name!
SUGAR SMACKS!! I love it!! That does fit you pretty well I think Suzi!
(Krista has toyed with the idea of the local roller derby girl thing...then she got busy with her tech program stuff.)

suziko

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:19 pm

:) Glad you like, Cori!

Yeah, I decided to not join, at least this year, mostly because it's such a big time commitment! Maybe next year.... hopefully no one will have taken my name by then! Mums the word, people! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic