All I Want for Christmas is ...

willem

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
With a bit of luck Santa may be good to me I got a call yesterday for an interview Monday!

I think it is Santa !

AndyT

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Nothing would make me happier than to see all of you get jobs.

I know it's not on most people list when they look for something, but have you tried McDonalds, or other jobs like that? They aren't fun and don't pay well, but they do pay. At least till something better comes along.

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
With a bit of luck Santa may be good to me I got a call yesterday for an interview Monday!
Just read this again and NO it wasn't Santa who called and invited me to an interview, can't see myself as an Elf somehow :laugh: Just thought I'd clarify that point before the thread Pirates get a hold of it!

willem

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Just read this again and NO it wasn't Santa who called and invited me to an interview, can't see myself as an Elf somehow :laugh: Just thought I'd clarify that point before the thread Pirates get a hold of it!

So sorry Chas..lol...wish you luck on monday and hope it aint a bleu monday,,has i said before ''both thumbs up'''or circle them..

tombo1230

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:08 pm

willem wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

I think it is Santa !
You are wicked Willem :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tom N.

wrench

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Congratulations, Chas, and the best of luck to you on your interview.

Scott and MJ, I appreciate your comments. I understand you guys don't have to well-wish anyone, but believe me, the fact that you chose to means a lot. Thanks.

Let's see, as I recall, Bear is a civil engineer. Aren't these the guys who figure out how to move mountains and re-route rivers? And I have managed to save more than a few pieces of enormous equipment (like municipal power generators, steam turbines, and centrifugal machinery of several thousand horsepower operating at over 50,000 rpm) from detonating into shrapnel. My last act of employment was prescribing a successful repair to a nuclear reactor, for cryin' out loud. It saved a couple million dollars and a year's loss of service for the reactor.

And today I was declined a job screwing together water filters for $8.50 an hour. Andy, you might be right. McD's might be next. Bear and I could go there together. Between the two of us, we could probably figure out how to fry a burger.

Rick, you're SO right when you said this is getting old! Speaking of old, I'm glad age discrimination is illegal and perfectly under careful control. OK, rant's over.

michelew

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Guys I can't imagine just now stressful and depressing it is to be between jobs (as Chas puts it) unintentionally for an extended period of time. It must be especially frustrating when you have so many skills, years of training and experience in so many diverse things behind you. I hope that you find something in your fields soon, something that is satisfying too.

I'm glad you've got music and this site to take the edge off.

Best wishes and here's hoping that the new year brings a easier and happier time for you all and your families.

Michele

BTW Chas - you would have looked so CUTE in the green tights and the little pointy hat and shoes, those little red vests... :) Oh well I guess Santa has enough helpers out there. And I guess you really are a little tall to be an elf. Good luck finding a job that suits you mate. You could always migrate to Oz for a little while. We're going to have a wet, cool and windy summer here in Sydney. It should feel like home. :) But, seriously, all the best.

willem

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 am

Other then to keep my job i want an pull off finger..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic